EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 11 Jul 2008, 02:07 AM   #31
jfinlayson

MyRealBox down again

MyRealBox appears to be down again -- both the web server and the mail servers. At least since yesterday. Maybe longer.

www.myrealbox.com
smtp.myrealbox.com
imap.myrealbox.com

None of them ping. Can anyone else reach them?

UPDATE: Started working again

Last edited by jfinlayson : 11 Jul 2008 at 07:43 AM.
jfinlayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2008, 03:03 AM   #32
pin
Essential Contributor

I am able to log in to the web interface without a problem.
pin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2008, 12:24 AM   #33
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Well, I'm having no problems apart from a large amount of spam again.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2008, 11:33 AM   #34
Legoman

I get no spam through their M+ Quarantine system at all, but the daily e-mails that tell me about all the spam they've trapped are highly annoying and in my mind constitute spam in their own right. I have asked for an option to turn off the daily messages from their Quarantine system, but they refuse to do that.

The solution I've come up with is to get Gmail to check the MRB box for me and then I've told Gmail that the M+ Quarantine messages are spam. It's a roundabout way of doing it, but it works.
Legoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Jul 2008, 05:23 AM   #35
karagiozakos

quarantine link no longer works

can anyone access the link to the quarantine management interface? Since the recent downtime due to the change of ISPs the "M+ Guardian Quarantine" daily messages point to http://10.1.1.16:80, which of course is an internal IP range and can't be accessed from outside their network.

Does anyone know the working link / IP address?
karagiozakos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2008, 09:49 AM   #36
nontech2

Myrealbox blacklisted by Tiscali.uk and vica versa

I recently contacted a friend in the UK who has a Tiscali UK address, I received a message that my email had bounced and that the site (Myrealbox) was blacklisted. Another friend in the UK with a Tiscali address had the same problem when sending an email to me, fortunately they both had one of my alternative addresses. Anyone else had the same problem?

To be on the safe side I checked Myrealbox to make sure it wasn't anything I had done, e.g. inadvertently blacklisted the Myrealbox domain, I hadn't blocked the Myrealbox domain.

Karagiozakos, not sure if this is the same problem as yours (being nontech) but quite often my quarantine management doesn't work either, I just wait until the next notice comes in, it seems to be a random problem sometimes I get through OK, sometimes not. Something else I noticed, when I've finished getting rid of the quarantined junk it seems to take forever to finish logging off, so long, I usually hit that little red button in the top right of the screen!!

Last edited by nontech2 : 12 Aug 2008 at 11:24 AM.
nontech2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 08:31 AM   #37
Nikolaos
Essential Contributor

I know, I know, it's nothing new, but...

MRB appears to be down again

Neither Pop3 nor the web interface are working for me. Sigh. Like rmns2bseen above, I guess I really only keep my MRB accounts nowadays for nostalgic reasons - and as spamtraps!
Nikolaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2008, 09:21 AM   #38
nontech2

Thought I'd mention....

I pick up my emails using Mailwasher, for a while now I haven't seen any spam getting through. I still go in and delete the quarantined stuff because I get the odd email in quarantine which isn't spam. I'm not getting much spam in Myrealbox these days, probably because any spam with the odd ball addresses I can be sure I will never contact or be contacted by for genuine stuff, I have blocked the domain.
Old 20 Aug 2008, 08:47 PM   #39
DrStrabismus
The "e" in e-mail

I've had a myrealbox account for nearly 8 years, but I only gave it out for the first few months. It's always been unreliable - it shouldn't be used for anything important.
DrStrabismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2008, 05:49 AM   #40
toofan18

Thumbs down Myrealbox down?

no notice or anything.
I am job searching and waiting for response from few job ofers i had, this sucks

im gonna go with hotmail and put up with spams,
toofan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:49 AM   #41
nontech2

Hotmail seem to have improved heaps, a year or two back I stopped using Hotmail because of the spam, then with the Myrealbox debacle I switched back and these days I only get the odd one or two spam. All in all, Hotmail at the moment is much more efficiently run than Myrealbox.
Old 21 Aug 2008, 08:57 AM   #42
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofan18 View Post
no notice or anything.
I am job searching and waiting for response from few job ofers i had, this sucks

im gonna go with hotmail and put up with spams,
just FYI, there have been many recent issues with hotmail blocking email providers, and selecting *for you* which emails are blocked without notifying you that they have been blocked.
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2008, 10:02 PM   #43
toofan18

What u guys recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
just FYI, there have been many recent issues with hotmail blocking email providers, and selecting *for you* which emails are blocked without notifying you that they have been blocked.

I guess we all agree that MRB is not reliable at all. I rather mail a letter than use them its much faster that way.

What you guys recommend?

Hotmail
Yahoo
Gmail
toofan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:25 AM   #44
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofan18 View Post
What you guys recommend?
Hotmail
Yahoo
Gmail
All that you mention are free providers. Depending on what you are looking for, I would recommend paid providers such as Tuffmail, Fastmail, Lavabit.com, Everyone.net, EuMX.net, etc.

If you don't want to pay, I would recommend looking at Lavabit.com, GMX.com, and EuMX.net (which fabule has generously offered free accounts to all with 20+posts here at EMD), or Zenbe.com.

Feel free to search these forums for feedback and suggestions about each service.
Old 22 Aug 2008, 01:26 AM   #45
Merovingian
Master of the @

Oh! and Welcome to the EMD Forums, toofan18 !