EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 7 Jan 2004, 10:21 PM   #1
rgtruax

Downloading other Webmail

I am on the 30 day trial and I like your service very much. I especially like the mobile access for my PDA.

I have had a Netscape webmail account for years and would like to download from that account. They are part of AOL now but maintain a separate identity. I know it is possible to get into their server and download because I have been using a shareware utility called Eprompter that does it.

I have tried the server indicated in the e-mail header on my netscape mail, along with my username and password, but get a response that a port could not be opened.

Can you help me with this issue?
rgtruax is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Jan 2004, 10:42 PM   #2
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

When you say you get that error, when do you get it though..? You are setting it up under Manager:Retrieve, right? Are you using the same server name you did for ePrompter? I was under the impression Netscape no longer offered POP access, just IMAP, but I could be wrong.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2004, 10:58 PM   #3
rgtruax

Thanks for your reply.

Actually I have no idea whether Netscape is POP or IMAP. I was evaluating multiple webmail services and tried to download from them all. I may have gotten the error message on another service. Runbox just quits, with no results. With eprompter, you just tell them it is a netscape account and they do the rest.
rgtruax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2004, 11:50 PM   #4
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Right, then ePrompter probably uses a special setup, like we have for Hotmail etc. (to circumvent the lack of standard POP access). Which means our retrieve function won't work.

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote