EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Apr 2018, 06:48 PM   #1
NJSS
Master of the @

Thumbs up Leaving Facebook

I was delighted to hear a few hours ago that Runbox are leaving Facebook:-

Quote:
At Runbox we work conscientiously every day to ensure that we act in accordance with our Company Values, and as an extension of these, our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.

We have carefully implemented these policies in order to protect our users’ privacy as outlined in our Privacy Commitment, and we are currently working hard to obtain compliancy with the forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation introduced by the EU.

This also means that we are conscious about how Runbox interacts with other Internet services such as social media networks. Therefore we have been disappointed by the recent revelations about the privacy intrusions and unethical practices by Facebook.

As a consequence we have decided to remove the Runbox page from the Facebook platform.
I do hope that their excellent example will be followed by Fastmail & POBox.

NJSS
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2018, 03:10 PM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

Excellent!!!!!

Facebook is no g00d for anyone!!!!!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Apr 2018, 01:07 AM   #3
PON
Essential Contributor

Agree 100%; I saw the writing on the wall 10 years ago and stopped using it. Deleted WhatsApp the day they bought it as I didn't believe their promises not to share data (rightly, as it turned out). Deleted my Facebook account. Goodbye and good riddance.
PON is offline   Reply With Quote