EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Oct 2023, 04:27 AM   #16
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by digp View Post
Does not work any more?
Are you telling us that Port 565 does not allow connections anymore, or that Port 565 no longer blocks the IP address and user-agent? Or are you asking me if it still works as it did 6 years ago when I made my post?

I have not regularly used the Fastmail SMTP server in such a manner in years. I could test it, but have no reason to except to answer your question. Why don’t you just try this yourself and see if it works as I reported in this thread in February 2017? It should be obvious if you look at the full headers of the received message sent through the Fastmail SMTP server. If you can’t connect through port 565 any more, that also answers your question.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2023, 08:35 AM   #17
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Are you telling us that Port 565 does not allow connections anymore, or that Port 565 no longer blocks the IP address and user-agent?
I tried it earlier, and using port 565 on the SMTP server appeared to generate the same headers as if using port 465. IOW, the headers 'X-EN-OrigIP' and 'User-Agent' were present both times, with the IP header having an IP address belonging to one of FMs' mail servers.

- Bruce

added: I used my email client, and not the app or web UI.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Dec 2023, 03:14 PM   #18
TheJapanese

So the sender IP is hidden at all. No need for this 'special' port.
TheJapanese is offline   Reply With Quote