EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 Mar 2017, 01:01 PM   #1
vibertc

struck out attempting to upgrade from Guest account

I am attempting to upgrade my lasses five year old guest account that is due to expire this summer.
@N5BB Bill could you outline for me the sequence that processes a credit card for this upgrade of service with fastmail. I have followed supports suggestions with no results.
I know the credit card is working, it renewed my service for an additionall two years last December.

I have used three different browsers, on three different machines. I even went to the library for high speed service, rather than my local dial up.

It appears to me that execution fails at the end of the sequence where I press the "subscribe" button at the bottom of the page. This is in the URL that came in her advice from Fastmail that her account would terminate.

The subscribe button I speak of has a dark background until I click on it, then it changes to a lighter colour. However, nothing seems to execute. She is keen on the three year service at the 50% discounted rate, ie US$40.

Her free ride for five years has been terreffic, time now to pay the piper!

I have discovered the back-up email add was five years dead, so I have brought that up to date three weeks ago. Still no activation notice.

Support says no transactions completed in first two attempts. Tonight same thing on third attempt.

73 ve3hjv
vibertc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Mar 2017, 09:44 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I don't work for FastMail and have never had any trouble making payment. I currently use PayPal -- can you try that method? Prepaid credit cards don't usually work -- you need a "normal" card.

Can you add funds using the Add Funds link near the top of the Billing & Plan screen? You will have to file a formal FastMail support request if these ideas don't work and you have no other payment method you can use.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote