EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 26 Jun 2009, 04:23 AM   #16
ukgangster

I'm using Slashmail again as my primary email hosting account and so far, its been rock solid reliable. Ok, so it doesn't have half the features of the likes of Fastmail, EuMX or Tuffmail, but somehow that's the beauty of the service - as the tagline goes "Smart, simple, secure". Support is great and any issues I've had are resolved quickly. http://slashmail.org/moreinfo/

Have you taken a look at Polaris Mail? I'm using 1 domain with them as well as using it as a back up to my other domains, and again, its a very reliable service. http://www.polarismail.com/
ukgangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2009, 11:41 AM   #17
marcus0263
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaaz777 View Post
I have shortlisted the following:-
1} Fastmail Enhanced{which I am using at the moment but want to change because the new interface is not to my liking and I cannot be bothered using css style sheets etc}
2} Luxsci ,I believe the service is good but it is a little expensive at about $10 a month with only 2GB storage.
Any Luxsci users who can advise and let me know theie views and experiences
3} Google Apps Premier,I believe it does not have any adds in the interface and comes with 25GB storage for $50 a year.
I had tried the ordinary Google Apps but found the Adds too disturbing
Dear users what are your comments?
4} Runbox I am also considering at $49.95 per year i am testing a trial version ,how is it for email hosting compared to Fastmail,Luxsci and Google Apps
Awaiting your views and recomendations
I used to be a Runbox fan/user but the fiasco with their inability for a secure IMAP solution I left. I then went with a couple other providers and after a good 2 years checked out Runbox again, they still had major issues with being able to deliver secure IMAP

Anyway I've been with LuxSci for going on two years, yes they are pricey. But they simply are the best email provider I've ever come across. I also use their premium anti virus/spam and it's incredible. Their support is next to none with the speed of response, resolution and service.

Seriously if you want simply the best email provider there is you cannot beat LuxSci. To me this is worth the cost of a burrito and taco at Taco Bell per Month.
marcus0263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 12:30 AM   #18
botolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukgangster View Post
I'm using Slashmail again as my primary email hosting account and so far, its been rock solid reliable. Ok, so it doesn't have half the features of the likes of Fastmail, EuMX or Tuffmail, but somehow that's the beauty of the service - as the tagline goes "Smart, simple, secure". Support is great and any issues I've had are resolved quickly. http://slashmail.org/moreinfo/

Have you taken a look at Polaris Mail? I'm using 1 domain with them as well as using it as a back up to my other domains, and again, its a very reliable service. http://www.polarismail.com/
I did not know slashmail and I have just signed up for a trial period...it seems veeeery nice. Hyper fast and simple.

In case I will sign up for a plan, I will ask you your referral code, so that you can get 2 months free!
botolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 01:04 PM   #19
Holliday

I 2nd polarismail.com. I have 2 domains with them for 6 months and the service has been very stable. Overall great value.
Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 08:58 PM   #20
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holliday View Post
I 2nd polarismail.com. I have 2 domains with them for 6 months and the service has been very stable. Overall great value.
I like them, too, but I wish they would add another webmail interface option, like Squirrelmail or something.

sd
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2009, 11:17 PM   #21
Holliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4its2L8 View Post
I like them, too, but I wish they would add another webmail interface option, like Squirrelmail or something.
I share the same opinion about their version of @mail. They do offer Horde which I am very pleased with. You would need to ask them (George) for the set-up info.
Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote