EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Feb 2011, 06:13 AM   #16
erimess

A note to newcrest and Chris D - my stuff is back working OK today. The stylesheets are back working and I can distinguish the read/unread, etc. It appears it was a temporary glitch, which is what I was hoping.
erimess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 06:54 AM   #17
groanerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimess View Post
A note to newcrest and Chris D - my stuff is back working OK today. The stylesheets are back working and I can distinguish the read/unread, etc. It appears it was a temporary glitch, which is what I was hoping.
Mine (emaildiscussions.com stylesheet) is not back.
groanerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2011, 09:35 AM   #18
erimess

Quote:
Originally Posted by groanerton View Post
Mine (emaildiscussions.com stylesheet) is not back.
I have that one as well. Yesterday all of them were gone, not just the one I was using. They were in the list. They just didn't work, as though sometime was wrong with the source. Since they work for me, obviously the "source" is not broken. I don't know have any idea if that's the kind of thing where deleting your cache, or even just rebooting, etc. would help fix it - but it never hurts to try that kind of thing when something is screwy.
Old 25 Feb 2011, 09:34 PM   #19
Chris_D

I can confirm that everything is back to normal for me. Hope it stays that way!

There is still a problem with the help links though. When logged in, "Help" from the main menu at the top of the screen works fine but the "See our help pages" link at the bottom of the page gives "Internal Server Error". The same error occurs from the main menu on the log-in page.

I will still be looking for another email provider, if only to use it as a back-up. I'm paid up with Fastmail until the end of August so I have time to research and consider other options. It's sad; I thought that my Fastmail email address would be the only one I'd ever need.

Chris
Chris_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2011, 04:21 PM   #20
erimess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_D View Post
I can confirm that everything is back to normal for me. Hope it stays that way!
I'm glad that's back - since mine was back, I figured it had to come back for other people and was some temporary glitch. Whew!

Quote:
There is still a problem with the help links though. When logged in, "Help" from the main menu at the top of the screen works fine but the "See our help pages" link at the bottom of the page gives "Internal Server Error". The same error occurs from the main menu on the log-in page.
Do you mean on the old interface? Cause yeah it does that to me as well on the old. It works in the new. The top and bottom go to different places - perhaps they moved the pages and never fixed that bottom link. And I suspect won't since they aren't supporting it.

Quote:
I will still be looking for another email provider, if only to use it as a back-up. I'm paid up with Fastmail until the end of August so I have time to research and consider other options. It's sad; I thought that my Fastmail email address would be the only one I'd ever need.
Ha - I have about 300 different email accounts. (OK, bit of an exaggeration.) FM is my main one, but I do use the others for different things and have always felt having at least one backup is a good idea. Mine renews in like a month or two. Despite my complaints, I've still never found anything else as good - but on the other hand, I don't pay for any of the other ones. It's saying a lot when I pay for something I can easily get free, and email clients I can get free.
Old 26 Feb 2011, 06:25 PM   #21
Chris_D

Cool

Quote:
Do you mean on the old interface?
Yes. And I don't suppose they will bother fixing it, even though they are only simple links.

Quote:
Despite my complaints, I've still never found anything else as good - but on the other hand, I don't pay for any of the other ones. It's saying a lot when I pay for something I can easily get free, and email clients I can get free.
I've had dozens of email accounts over the decades, sending out "change of address" emails many times, so finding one that I thought I would be able to keep forever was appealing. Like you, FM is the only one I've ever paid for.

Chris
Old 27 Feb 2011, 02:24 AM   #22
Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by erimess View Post
It's saying a lot when I pay for something I can easily get free, and email clients I can get free.
Hi erimess,

Just a little curious about that statement. Hope you don't mind my asking but why are you paying for FM when you can easily get something for free?

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Feb 2011, 06:34 AM   #23
Chris_D

I pay for "Full" membership on FM to give me the file storage space. There was another reason too but it was so long ago that I can't remember.