EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Aug 2018, 08:56 AM   #1
DaveHanson

Multiple users / account merges on a new plan

Scenario:

I and my SO have an enhanced account. Dad has a Full account, and two kids have "member" accounts (one time charge) that expired out and are due for a payment this week.

I just upgraded to Standard, thinking I would merge the other users into my account (and pay a family/business fee if need be), sharing my resources. There are instructions in the FAQ to do this here: https://www.fastmail.com/help/business/import.html

Now 2d level support is saying is saying this cannot be done.

Have I just misunderstood how these new plans work?

Anyone else tried to share their resources with F&F?

TIA
DaveHanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15 Aug 2018, 04:53 PM   #2
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Sorry I'm not much help but look at this.

https://www.fastmail.com/pricing/ its states per person.

I think it was all changed some time last year, sorry I'm not really up with it all now.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2018, 12:43 PM   #3
placebo
Cornerstone of the Community

It's my understanding that you'd essentially have to get multiple accounts, all at the same level, but you can consolidate the billing under one account. You're not sharing resources between users at all.

If you or your SO needs the standard level account, then you'd have to get 5 standard accounts ($250/year) if you want them to be part of a multiuser account. If you don't mind having separate billing for the accounts, then you can just sign up for 5 individual accounts, each at the appropriate level.
placebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2018, 08:57 PM   #4
cngriffin

I'm very, very disappointed in the changes to the Fastmail plans. I've been a user for a looooooong time and was planning to migrate to a family plan to bring my wife and two kids over to Fastmail and use our family domain name and set us up with email, shared calendars, and contacts. But that will cost us $200 per year. That is too way too much money for our needs.
cngriffin is offline   Reply With Quote