EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 18 Mar 2017, 11:33 AM   #1
cmama125

LOGIN problem

I am a yahoo mail user, my problem is how do i set my yahoo mail password same password in desktop and in my IPAD?

Last edited by cmama125 : 18 Mar 2017 at 11:45 AM.
cmama125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Mar 2017, 12:59 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Welcome to the forums: when you login from your desktop machine (to Yahoo) you will be offered the option to 'save your password' - you should select that option, if you chose to do so, and do not want to enter your password repeatedly.

When you login from your IPAD you should do the same.

You will need to use the same login password from wherever you login.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Mar 2017, 03:56 PM   #3
cmama125

can you tell step by step procesdure
Old 18 Mar 2017, 04:43 PM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmama125 View Post
I am a yahoo mail user, my problem is how do i set my yahoo mail password same password in desktop and in my IPAD?
May I ask (first) why you need to know this. You just enter your password when required, when requested to do so, by Yahoo, or any other website that is requesting your password.

That said: it is likely that I am not understanding, what exactly you are wanting to do......

I am thinking that your 'desktop machine' is a desktop computer using Windows Operating System, please let me know if I am wrong.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2017, 01:49 PM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Are you using the Yahoo Mail iOS iPad application? Or some other way to access your email on the iPad? When you first start the Yahoo Mail application it asks you to enter your credentials (Yahoo email address and password). You enter the same password as you do when logging in via the Yahoo website.

Yahoo changed their security policies. Be sure you have followed their suggestions:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/account/SLN27791.html

If you are using a third party IMAP client (such as Apple iOS Mail on our iPad) read:
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/mail-for-d...-sln28104.html

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2017, 10:56 AM   #6
cmama125

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
May I ask (first) why you need to know this. You just enter your password when required, when requested to do so, by Yahoo, or any other website that is requesting your password.

That said: it is likely that I am not understanding, what exactly you are wanting to do......

I am thinking that your 'desktop machine' is a desktop computer using Windows Operating System, please let me know if I am wrong.
I have two (2) yahoo that accessing my yahoo mail, 1 is on my IPAD (IOS) the other is on desktop computer (windows). in my IPAD automatically my yahoo mail opens, but when I'm using desktop I cannot open my yahoo mail.

My problem is, how can I access my yahoo mail in desktop computer using the password that I input on my IPAd
Old 20 Mar 2017, 11:19 AM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

You still need to tell us how you are accessing Yahoo email. Are you using:
  • Web browser using the yahoo.com URL?
  • Yahoo email client (a separate program you downloaded)? Such as: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN9127.html
  • Another email client (such as iOS Mail on the iPad or Thunderbird on the PC)?
Yahoo changed their security arrangements several months ago. Be sure to read the links I gave earlier and these:
https://safety.yahoo.com/Security/SE...RESOURCES.html
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html

Every Yahoo account has a master password. You use this password to log into the Yahoo.com website. Click the email icon at the upper right and enter your email address and master password. Depending on how you are using your iPad, you may use an application specific password on it. In other words, it's quite possible that you will need to use different passwords on the iPad and in Windows. It all depends on how your have your account set up (2-factor authentication, etc.) and the type of access (web browser, Yahoo client, third party client).

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote