EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 29 Jul 2009, 09:50 AM   #1
Imajica

Spam Issues

Hi,

I have enabled the spam filter and 90% of the time it works great. However, it always insists on telling me that certain email are spam. No matter how often I tell it that it is not, it ALWAYS puts the messages in the spam folder. I have trainable spam filter enabled as well as "advanced: reject if possible".

Is there an easier way than having to manually go to the preferences and adding an address to the white list? I think there should be a white list check box next to each address in the spam folder so one can easily set it up.

Thx.
Imajica is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Jul 2009, 10:54 PM   #2
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Do these messages appear with the label *SPAM* on the subject line when you are viewing the list of messages in the folder?

Runbox uses two spam filters, a trainable-spam filter (DSPAM) and a non-trainable spam filter (Spam Assassin).

Messages displayed with *SPAM* in the subject line are flagged by the non-trainable spam filter and there is no way to train these messages.

If it is a regular sender that is getting flagged with the *SPAM* label then you can add the sender to your Whitelist or Address Book and any message where the "From" show that sender will not be flagged by either spam filters.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2009, 10:09 PM   #3
mdembski

Whitelisting works about 50% of the time, the only sure way that has ever worked for me is to add them to your address book. So now I have my address book littered with email addresses for different companies and newsletters that I receive. This is the biggest problem I have with Runbox, the spam filtering just does not work well.
mdembski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2009, 11:12 PM   #4
carverrn
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Runbox.com
There really isn't much of a difference between adding it to the Whitelist or the Address Book. They are both database tables that get checked at the same time for whitelisted names. So it really shouldn't work any different either way.

Most likey there was something else going on and it just seemed to work for the Address Book and not the Whitelist.

Whitelisting only checks the "From:" address of the message to see if any address/domain matches.

Many mailing lists, such as Yahoo Groups, can not be whitelisted because they allow the senders email address to be listed as the "From:" address and use the "Reply-To" for the mailing list address. For these you will have to create a filter.

When people have problems with the whitelisting we usually ask them to submit a support ticket so that we can take a look at the full headers of the messages in question. We can usually determine what the issue was and get things working for them.

So if anyone has problems with the whitelisting/filtering please submit a support ticket and refer us to some messages in your account (folder, subject, date) that didn't seem to get handled properly so that we can help you get your whitelisting/filtering working.

Regards,
Rich
carverrn is offline   Reply With Quote