EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 1 Oct 2015, 09:30 AM   #1
rusl

Themes - Standard versus Classic

I'm using the New/AJAX UI (not the Classic Interface) and I can't find documentation that spells out the differences between themes such as Standard and Classic. I choose the Classic theme because it composes in a fixed-width font and it shows expanded header display by default. But the Classic theme doesn't show the little icons to the left of the folder names in the sidebar. I have half a dozen folders in addition to the default folders and I have a few saved searches which appear in the list. I want to see the little icons so that I know which ones are searches and which ones are folders. Standard theme shows this difference.

Any chance we can get the little icons next to folders and searches in the Classic theme? Are the differences between the themes documented somewhere? Is it possible to switch themes in the mobile 'native' apps? I'd love fixed-width font on my iPhone and expanded header fields by default!
rusl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Oct 2015, 04:21 PM   #2
jssrea

I've always used the Minimal theme but I do miss the icons that the Standard theme has. I guess you can't have everyone happy.

That being said, if the most important thing to do is the fixed-width font, you could always use the Standard theme and use a browser extension such us Stylish to tweak the font (I do that for other aspects of the UI).
jssrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2015, 05:01 PM   #3
rharha

The classic theme is a nice change from the standard one but I noticed a strange behavior:

On iOS the left pane were the folders are seems to be vibrating ultrafast so that the letters become a bit blurred. Do you see that as well (look closely)? Only happens with the classic theme
rharha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Oct 2015, 05:06 PM   #4
rharha

On iOS (I'm on 9.0.2), when you are in mail, change the theme to the classic one. Then go to calendar and back to mail. Do you see the letters vibrating?

This should be fixed!
Old 1 Oct 2015, 05:12 PM   #5
rharha

Address book is vibrating as well.
An no, I'm not on acid.
Old 22 Nov 2015, 10:50 PM   #6
rharha

Can you fix the vibrating sidebar, please? I actually like the classic theme but cannot use it because of this.

Happens on an iPad with iOS 9.1
Old 23 Nov 2015, 05:20 AM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rharha View Post
Can you fix the vibrating sidebar, please? I actually like the classic theme but cannot use it because of this.

Happens on an iPad with iOS 9.1
I have a 3rd generation iPad with iOS 9.1 and don't see any problem with the Classic theme either with the Fastmail iOS app or using the website with Safari browser. Do you have the sidebar and reading pane visible or hidden? Have you filed a support request?

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2015, 05:50 AM   #8
rharha

No, I haven't filed a request yet. I do have the sidebar visible but this effect also occurs when I turn the iPad (Air) into portrait mode and tap the hamburger button. It looks as if the text is vibrating vertically by a pixel or two. To some people the text probably just appears a bit blurred. I'll check tomorrow if this also happens on a laptop.
Old 24 Nov 2015, 08:58 PM   #9
Mugwhamp
Cornerstone of the Community

It sounds like your problem is related to the one I explain in this thread. The response I got from L3 support is that it's a Safari bug and not anything FM can fix.
Mugwhamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2015, 03:20 AM   #10
rharha

Maybe, but it only happens with the classic theme. Something is different with that theme. I switched back to the standard one for the time being.
Old 11 Dec 2015, 04:59 AM   #11
wam

Using 'Reading Pane'

Is it possible to open the email on full page while using Classic and switching reading pane on?

Like we can open the email from Mail apps, with reading pane active
wam is offline   Reply With Quote