EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

View Poll Results: How many blogs do you have?
0-2 16 72.73%
3-5 5 22.73%
5-7 1 4.55%
8+ 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Apr 2005, 12:14 AM   #1
xbot
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
xxos.us
How many blogs do you have?

I have waay too many blogs now. How many do you have? 1? 15? 8? Well, let's see here, I've got:

-MSN Spaces
-My Drupal Community
-Yahoo 360
-Blogger
-Another blogger
-Some other one at my site

That's 6! 6 BLOGS! Gah. Which ones should I keep, eh? MSN Spaces is definetly stayin', and my Drupal site is staying. My blogger ones can go, but meh.
xbot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Apr 2005, 12:28 AM   #2
trew

3-5 I guess

I don't remember. To have and to actually use is another.

Blogger that seems to have made a better email uploading entry now. едц works now and I ahve upoaded a short text and it worked this time.

blogdrive worked good for me.

phlog which is a photoblog for us with cellphone with camera.

I also joined two more but are probably out due to no activity.

I plan to join yahoo360 but no hurry.

trew
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:08 AM   #3
Gankaku

Blog sites are getting to be like email...you have to try them all out then you settle with your favorite one or two...(or 6, like xbot)
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:23 AM   #4
DrStrabismus
The "e" in e-mail

None, and I'd happily contribute hard cash to any campaign to ban them. They are now overtaking sites like Amazon as the number one degrader of Google's signal-to-noise ratio. At least with Amazon you can throw money at the problem and buy the book.

Maybe I should write a blogassassin program.
DrStrabismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 02:45 AM   #5
Fenman

None. That's my optimum number.
Fenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 03:43 AM   #6
xbot

Representative of:
xxos.us
Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
Blog sites are getting to be like email...you have to try them all out then you settle with your favorite one or two...(or 6, like xbot)
6 emails? Pfft. That's for lazy people. No, I have 15. That I use regularly. I don't include hotmail into that though - it's a sad thing to see 'You have an email from Free iPod'
xbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 04:11 AM   #7
CyberSmurf

should have put ZERO by itself
CyberSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2005, 04:46 AM   #8
injinuity

This is one area that I don't get you people, many email accounts.. that I can comprehend.. but a blog is where your writing takes centrestage, your thoughts count and how can your thoghts be so varied as to be on 8 different blogs, there is no continuity... everyone should have only one blog or so I feel.. mine is hosted with blogger at http://injinuity.blogspot.com but am planning to export all the entries and comments to my domain www.arrogantly.com
injinuity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2005, 08:58 AM   #9
Edwin
 Administrator 

One live, two dead.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2005, 09:50 AM   #10
dantheman

LiveJournal - three (somewhat active).
Blogger - one (rather quiet).
Yahoo 360 - one (potential).
SpreadFirefox.com - one (potential).
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Apr 2005, 10:03 AM   #11
David
Ultimate Contributor

I have one blog that I seem to have abandoned. It is running on Blosxom open source software

http://www.blosxom.com/

This thread is a reminder that I need to to do some work.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2005, 04:28 PM   #12
The Storm
Essential Contributor

I don't have a blog, never have had one. Actually don't even really no what one is. So I don't see myself getting one in the future.
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2005, 07:00 PM   #13
dantheman

Dan, alot of it is simply blahblahblah and i agree with Gankaku to a certain extent that you shouldn't have more than one personal blog which like an online diary.

It used to be pretty hard if you didn't know much .html but with places like Blogger, Blogspot and LiveJournal (to name a few) it has become a synch.

Some allow you to postdate and have RSS capabilities which is pretty handy if you have public blogs (which explains why i have more than one). With services like Bloglines or Feedster things becomes rather interesting and useful!
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Apr 2005, 11:24 PM   #14
Gankaku

Here's a list of why some people keep blogs...

Here's why some people blog:

*Keep an online diary of their daily activities. If you like to keep a regular journal, blogging is definitely for you.
*A blog can be kept so that all your friends can know what's going on with you, rather than writing to each friend everything that is happening. Saves time - just point them all to the one blog entry.
*Blogs are great for archiving for yourself. You find an article on the internet you want to keep. Copy it to your blog. Come back to it whenever you want
*Some blogs offer communites, and some people do like to read others' daily drivel, believe it or not, especially if the two people have the same interests.
*If you love writing or are creative, blogs are a creative outlet.
*Blogs can be topic-specific, and if you have any expertise in your topic, or keep your blog updated well, you'll build a nice reader base.
*Business blogs - for keeping customers up-to-date with new happenings. If you don't run a blog for your business now, you're kind of behind the loop.
*There's some personal recognition by keeping a blog, and that can be satisfying and rewarding, if only on a personal level.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2024, 01:38 PM   #15
Bamb0
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by injinuity
This is one area that I don't get you people, many email accounts.. that I can comprehend.. but a blog is where your writing takes centrestage, your thoughts count and how can your thoghts be so varied as to be on 8 different blogs, there is no continuity... everyone should have only one blog or so I feel.. mine is hosted with blogger at http://injinuity.blogspot.com but am planning to export all the entries and comments to my domain www.arrogantly.com
If I was gonna have one it might be on blogspot.com .... They dont block http sessions and it looks nice (Your blog looks nice on that page)

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
I dont have any........ On some sites im on they let youm create a blog mbut I dont even have one there!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote