EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Feb 2017, 06:54 AM   #1
PepperT

Calendar Suggestion: Coloured Categories

Can I put in a request/suggestion that Calendar appointments could be colour (color) coded / categorised. I use an excellent calendar app on the iOS platform and that enables colour coding of appointments and stores the coloured category as a hex value in the appointment's note field.
eg. [!5E45AA!]
[I'm then able to utilise a snippet of VBA script in outlook to sync those colours with Outlook categories, but that's by-the-by]
The reason for this is that my work appointments would then stand out differently to my personal ones and these in turn would look different to birthdays etc etc etc
PepperT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Feb 2017, 10:41 PM   #2
colburnr

Just out of curiosity, what is your iOS calendar app. of choice? I am looking for a good one..
colburnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 01:40 PM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Of course, you can create multiple Fastmail calendars and give their entries different colors. I realize that's different from your suggestion, but it works well for me.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2017, 07:34 PM   #4
PepperT

Quote:
Originally Posted by colburnr View Post
Just out of curiosity, what is your iOS calendar app. of choice?
I love WeekCal (http://weekcal.com/weekcal-app/). I'm able to have template appointments, coloured categories etc etc, but unfortunately it's not available for Android, and with the price of Apple products I'm think I'm looking to transition to the dark side and unfortunately can't find a similarly specced Android app.
Old 8 Feb 2017, 07:35 PM   #5
PepperT

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Of course, you can create multiple Fastmail calendars and give their entries different colors.
I may have to explore if that would work for me or not. Thanks.