EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 12 Jan 2017, 12:15 PM   #1
Grhm

'Quick notes'

On the 'notes' screen (in Classic, at least) there is a check box beneath the text entry box, which is marked 'quick note'.
When I tried it experimentally, the 'quick note' didn't appear to behave any differently from any of the other notes, and I can't find any reference to it in the documentation.
Can anybody tell me what it does?
Thank you.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 13 Jan 2017, 06:28 AM   #2
akorvemaker
Cornerstone of the Community

It's been a couple years since I used the classic interface, but quick notes could be easily inserted into email messages. I forget the exact process, but while composing an email, there was an option to insert a quick note. (It was possibly over on the right side?) I used it for a couple common responses I regularly needed.

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2017, 06:37 AM   #3
akorvemaker
Cornerstone of the Community

I forgot to add: In the current interface, this has been replaced with "Pinned" notes, which can be shown at the top of the notes list. The option of quickly adding notes to messages while composing no longer exists.

Andy
akorvemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2017, 07:15 AM   #4
B4its2L8
Master of the @

In the classic interface, when you compose a note there will be a check box at the bottom where you can designate that note as a "quick note." After selecting the box, save the note.

Then when you compose an email, you can click the drop-down menu ("more text actions") and you'll see the title of all the notes there that you designated "quick notes." Select one and it will be inserted in the email.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2017, 09:00 AM   #5
Grhm

Thank you.
Old 13 Jan 2017, 11:07 AM   #6
David
Ultimate Contributor

Change 'for the sake of change' is a Fastmail prerogative that has been happening since day one. Fastmail, when I first encountered it, a long time before it went paid, was simply superb.

Sadly, it has deteriorated much since then - obviously not for everyone, but for me, and for my own personal preferences, for sure.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jan 2017, 11:59 AM   #7
Grhm

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Change 'for the sake of change' is a Fastmail prerogative that has been happening since day one.
Yes, and unfortunately this irrational mania for pointless change isn't unique to Fastmail, or even to the computing industry.
It is a widespread malaise that afflicts all fields of human endeavour, and has done for centuries.
Everyone repeat after me:
If it ain't broke we won't fix it!
Or, as Lord Palmerston is said to have remarked to Queen Victoria back in the 1840s:
Quote:
"Change? Change? Why all this talk of change? Aren't things bad enough already?"

Last edited by Grhm : 15 Jan 2017 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Wrong decade