EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 1 Jun 2015, 07:06 PM   #1
rob7even

Confused

Hi all. I need help in setting up a second email account, I have moved ISP 's to Sky and I have a sky mail account but I wanted to stay with Windows Live Mail because I like the simplicity of the program, I have set up a WLM account which works ok, and it seems that all the mail is duplicated in the sky mail inbox as well.
To separate non urgent mail from friends mail I have tried making a second email address in WLM with a different email address and different PW to the first account, but with the same port numbers as I copied the first account settings, when I try to send mail I get the warning that the PW is wrong or that this user has no Sky account, or do I need to setup another shadow account in Sky first to make it work? I need step by step instructions (spoken slowly) to understand where I am going wrong, regards Robert
rob7even is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jun 2015, 02:21 AM   #2
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

You will need to set up a new account with Sky if that is possible, or if not with any other provider such as Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, Fastmail etc.. Then go back to setting up this account in WLM. WLM can only access existing accounts, if the account does not exist WLM cannot set it up.
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jun 2015, 03:34 AM   #3
rob7even

Many thanks Adrian
That is helpful, so its as I suspected that there has to be a sort of shadow account before WLM will work.
I can setup as many as 10 accounts in Sky, and I have tried to setup a second account, and unfortunately failed, (probably operator malfunction) I also have a Google mail account which I have never used, I could try that, regards Robert.
Old 3 Jun 2015, 12:37 AM   #4
rob7even

Update
I tried to set up a second sky account with a gmail address which was not at the time rejected, but I could not find the new 2nd account on my PC and my 1st WLM account stopped working, I then went into the "My Sky - My Details" area and found what I thought was the 2nd account details along with the 1st, I deleted the second sky account and now my WLM works.
I spoke to a Sky rep and was told Gmail will not work and I should use Hotmail, I next tried to find my unused Hotmail but after many years I could not remember the username, so I wrote www.hotmail.com to try and find it and an Outlook page opened up and said my ***@Sky.com email address had been imported.
I am even more confused now any ideas most welcome, regards Robert.
Old 10 Jun 2015, 05:27 PM   #5
rob7even

Update to the update, for info, I have managed to setup a Gmail account using IMAP settings and default ports, things seem ok now, so sorted '''That's all Folks''' regards Robert.