EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Jan 2022, 06:03 PM   #1
mypi

“Select all” keyboard shortcut on iPad

On my iPad Pro 10.5 with a Logitech Combo keyboard and iPadOS 15.1, the Fastmail app isn’t accepting the multi-key keyboard shortcuts. All the basic, single-character ones seem to work (x, y, j, k, etc.), but the “select all” and “unselect all” sequences (*. / *n) do nothing (well, most of the time - occasionally, the *a sequence starts composing a new message, which is just weird), and same with the snooze sequences. Keyboard shortcuts are enabled in settings, and I’m using the non-desktop view.

Anyone else seeing this?

As a side-note to the Fastmail team, it would be nice to support more orthodox keyboard shortcuts int he apps. For example, command-A for select all.
mypi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Jan 2022, 11:33 PM   #2
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

I don't know anything about iPads, but presumably they have some sort of virtual keyboard? I'd wonder if keyboard shortcuts generated by that work properly? That is, one would want to be certain that the Logitech keyboard isn't part of the problem.

It's unlikely that anyone from Fastmail will read your side-note. You need to send that (and your problem if no-one here - all users - has any ideas about it) through their ticketing system.
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jan 2022, 08:26 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I agree with your discovery. I’m using an Apple long Magic Keyboard and the Beta version of the iOS app.
  • Using the Fastmail app on an iPad, the ‘a and *a sequences just perform the "a" shortcut action (which replies to all).
  • But those sequences do work correctly if you log into your Fastmail account in a browser on your iPad.
The “b” snooze shortcut works fine for me in all cases.

I will report this to Fastmail.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote