EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:06 AM   #1
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Question Back online, but...

I am a little puzzled by the message at the top of my message list; it says my last successful web login was over a week ago (correct; I use Thunderbird most of the time), and that there were 1077 failed logins since then. Should I be worried about that, or does this represent something like T-bird's attempts to access folders during the outage, when I've started it to look at other (non-FM) email accounts?

-Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:09 AM   #2
MikeL
Essential Contributor

Hmm.... I'm also seeing a number of blank messages. Not all of them, but more than half of the 8-10 I've looked at so far. Weird.

And I can't delete messages (from my backscatter folder). Ok, maybe I should just leave it alone a while longer.

-Mike
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:17 AM   #3
wishlish

I'm in, but I'm missing over a day's emails that I know I should have received (for example, things like eBay auctions and PayPal receipts). I'm hoping these are queued; there's a gap between Oct 27 8 AM and Oct 29 6 PM.
wishlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:29 AM   #4
Sherry

I just got in a bit ago and the newest email is for Oct 27. Also some have blank bodies. The others are all there. I'll wait awhile until it's fully restored and, for now, not worry about it.

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 08:29 AM   #5
tonyB

I got the same thing when I first got back in to FM. Multiple failed login attempts - looks dodgy but is just usual in these circs I think!
I also have blank messages. The blog led us to expect that. I think when the message bodies have joined up with the rest, we'll be happy emailers again
tonyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2006, 11:50 AM   #6
kastaway
= Permanently banned =

A mess...

Yeah, my account is a mess, too.

Folders which were empty have now been re-populated with messages. My Inbox has 250 messages returned into it. All those messages are marked unread, when they should be read. Some new emails received during the outage have headers, but empty bodies.

To add insult to injury, it has reverted the theme to the basic blue.

There are problems this time, that are worse than last November. Not looking too good, at this point.
kastaway is offline   Reply With Quote