EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Jul 2010, 02:30 AM   #1
kenneth_h

suggest: openid

Most big name email provider's (aim, goog, yahoo) offer openid so as to allow those who use the service to login to other websites which support openid with their openid url.

openid.fastmail.fm/$USERNAME
kenneth_h is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Jul 2010, 07:04 PM   #2
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_h View Post
Most big name email provider's (aim, goog, yahoo) offer openid so as to allow those who use the service to login to other websites which support openid with their openid url.

Unless opera itself begins offering this functionality, we probably won't see it in fastmail.
ChinaLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jul 2010, 07:37 AM   #3
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth_h View Post
... to allow those who use the service to login to other websites which support openid with their openid url.

If all you want is the ability to use your username@fastmail.fm in an openid url then you can do it since FastMail allows hosting webpages as username.fastmail.fm (or any other Fastmail domain or own domain hosted at FastMail). Instructions on how to do it can be found on the web (I searched Google now and found this and this). I haven't tried it myself, though. You still need an openid provider that runs an openid server to authenticate. FastMail doesn't offer this and it may be a good idea to offer this service.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2010, 12:00 AM   #4
Mystakill
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
If all you want is the ability to use your username@fastmail.fm in an openid url then you can do it since FastMail allows hosting webpages as username.fastmail.fm (or any other Fastmail domain or own domain hosted at FastMail). ... I haven't tried it myself, though.
I've got an OpenID hosted on an FM-hosted site, which passes through to my OpenID provider without any problems.
Mystakill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2017, 07:52 PM   #5
ao1
Essential Contributor

Revisiting the request
ao1 is offline   Reply With Quote