EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 28 May 2018, 10:05 PM   #1
Merovingian
Master of the @

Link takes straight to login page?

It's been a while since I've been here, so I might have missed something. But recently my Fastmail bookmark takes me straight to the login page instead of the home page. This is new behavior, but I don't recall seeing anything describing this.

Is this intentional behavior by Fastmail, or is my computer acting wonky?

When I google search "Fastmail", I click on the search results and it takes me to Fastmail's home page, but then when I try and save that as a bookmark, when I click on the bookmarked link it will instead take me to the login page.

I feel like I'm going crazy because I don't ever remember it doing this.
Merovingian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 May 2018, 11:51 PM   #2
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

I just experimented with this in Chrome browser, and it happens as you describe.

I checked out the saved bookmark, which points to "https://www.fastmail.com/", but goes to the login page when clicked.

Not that it bothers me anyway.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2018, 04:48 AM   #3
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredOnline View Post
I just experimented with this in Chrome browser, and it happens as you describe.

I checked out the saved bookmark, which points to "https://www.fastmail.com/", but goes to the login page when clicked.

Not that it bothers me anyway.

thank you for confirming this! I'm just glad it's not just me. I'm overly cautious about malware/ site redirections.

It doesn't bother me as well, saves me a step really. As long as that's the way it's supposed to behave.
Old 29 May 2018, 02:30 PM   #4
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

clear your cache and cookies then try.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2018, 12:23 PM   #5
brong
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Yes, it's an intended change. We figured that people who are already logged in don't need to visit the marketing pages first, they'd prefer to save a click and go straight to the account chooser.
brong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jun 2018, 10:52 PM   #6
Merovingian
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by brong View Post
Yes, it's an intended change. We figured that people who are already logged in don't need to visit the marketing pages first, they'd prefer to save a click and go straight to the account chooser.
thank you for clarifying/ confirming this Bron! I really do appreciate saving a click, I just wanted to make sure the behavior was intended. Good on ya!