EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 6 Oct 2016, 06:48 AM   #1
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

Is shtrudel mail gone?

I hadn't logged in for a couple of months and when I tried today I couldn't find any signs of life. Does anyone happen to know if this service has ceased operations?
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19 Oct 2016, 04:10 PM   #2
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Seems gone. One more hivemail based provider gone after superheromail.
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 05:43 AM   #3
communicant
Cornerstone of the Community

I do not understand how a provider run by adults who have any pretensions to business ethics or common decency can simply disappear without warning. It is one thing to give advance notice to users that a service is shutting down as of a given date and allowing a chance to download stored email and make other arrangements, but to disappear suddenly in a puff of smoke with no prior notice at all is barbaric.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 07:38 AM   #4
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
I do not understand how a provider run by adults who have any pretensions to business ethics or common decency can simply disappear without warning.
It is exactly what I would expect (of up-starts like these) which is why I only do business with companies who have a much longer track record.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 02:37 PM   #5
just1acc
Essential Contributor

Exactly, despite privacy etc concerns/panics I sticked with Gmail as primary provider. I have domain email, Zoho, EuMX, Outlook and Yahoo.

Closed down other small providers due to reliability of continuation of service. Mainly because I've extensively used a hushmail powered 9y.com account for a long time which had gone for nothing.

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=70584
just1acc is offline   Reply With Quote