EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 2016, 04:36 PM   #166
mekitron

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lane View Post
Actually, I do think you are wrong about this. I just upgraded one user on my family plan from Lite to Full. The interface to do this has changed a bit, but there was no problem in doing so. I just had to refresh the "Mail" page to see the additional quota.
Thank you very much.

I am looking into it.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 07:42 PM   #167
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwalsh View Post
There's no reason you wouldn't have access to new features on a legacy plan.
That is already happening, and that's why some of us are not particularly happy with this change, myself included. I've no problem in staying with the same package, other than not having access to new features.

One example of that is the "New login screens". If you go to settings->policy, you'll see that "historical plans" do not support that.

I'm sure more examples will come, in order to persuade people to change to a non-historical package.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 07:51 PM   #168
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Question

As a long time Enhanced user I'm struggling to find what my account includes.

Does Enhanced include own domain email hosting ?

Thanks
Old 22 Aug 2016, 07:54 PM   #169
Cox

Yes: https://www.fastmail.com/help/ourser...ng-legacy.html

Up to 100 domains are supported for Enhanced accounts.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 07:56 PM   #170
JamesHenderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
One example of that is the "New login screens". If you go to settings->policy, you'll see that "historical plans" do not support that.
if you already have a personal domain, you can actually login via mail.yourdomain.tld. but you you still need to use your ID@fastmail.tld ID to login. I cannot tell whether that is still true on the new plan (I would hope you would be able tom login with yourID@yourdomain.tld).

[edit] ...forgot to specify I was referring to "legacy" enhanced accounts being able to login with mail.yourdomain.ltd.

Last edited by JamesHenderson : 22 Aug 2016 at 09:38 PM.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 07:58 PM   #171
CyberDyne
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
Yes: https://www.fastmail.com/help/ourser...ng-legacy.html

Up to 100 domains are supported for Enhanced accounts.
Thank you Cox
Old 22 Aug 2016, 08:00 PM   #172
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDyne View Post

Does Enhanced include own domain email hosting ?

Thanks
Yes.....
Old 22 Aug 2016, 08:03 PM   #173
JamesHenderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwalsh View Post
There's no reason you wouldn't have access to new features on a legacy plan..
I would imagine that legacy plans will not get any new features (except perhaps security etc) otherwise there is no incentive for you to move to their new plans which is what they ultimately want us all to do.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:28 PM   #174
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
if you already have a personal domain, you can actually login via mail.yourdomain.tld. but you you still need to use your ID@fastmail.tld ID to login. I cannot tell whether that is still true on the new plan (I would hope you would be able tom login with yourID@yourdomain.tld).
Yes, with the new plans you can rename your (single) account from one in a FastMail domain to one in your own domain. It's similiar to the old family accounts w/o the masteruser (or from what I read the masteruser is still there but somehow hidden in the background).
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:31 PM   #175
JamesHenderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by awasmuth View Post
Yes, with the new plans you can rename your (single) account from one in a FastMail domain to one in your own domain. It's similiar to the old family accounts w/o the masteruser (or from what I read the masteruser is still there but somehow hidden in the background).
cool. I tried asking FM about this, but the rep did not understand what I was trying to ask.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:35 PM   #176
ChinaLamb
The "e" in e-mail

Location: a virtually impossible but finitely improbable position
I have an enhanced account and have three domains hosted, and i have access to the new login screens.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:44 PM   #177
jssrea

Quote:
Just to make it clear, does this mean that your username can be changed from username@fastmail.com (for example) to name@mydomain.tld?
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:54 PM   #178
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by jssrea View Post
Just to make it clear, does this mean that your username can be changed from username@fastmail.com (for example) to name@mydomain.tld?
Yes. In the legacy plans under the users tab there is already a rename option but it is not possible to rename the account into one of your own domains (it simply does nothing if you try to). As soon as you change to the new plans (e.g. enhanced to standard) you can rename your account and get rid of the FastMail domain. I do now have one user in a standard plan and that is name@mydomain.tld.
Old 22 Aug 2016, 09:57 PM   #179
JamesHenderson

Quote:
Yes. In the legacy plans under the users tab there is already a rename option but it is not possible to rename the account into one of your own domains (it simply does nothing if you try to). As soon as you change to the new plans (e.g. enhanced to standard) you can rename your account and get rid of the FastMail domain. I do now have one user in a standard plan and that is name@mydomain.tld.
cool. ...been wanting to do that for years.

The last time I asked was only a few months ago and the answer was a simple "not possible". I would have thought they might have mentioned that they were working on it!
Old 22 Aug 2016, 10:02 PM   #180
awasmuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesHenderson View Post
cool. ...been wanting to do that for years.
Same here, sole reason I switched to the new plan I was never a friend of having another address just for logging in or the need of an additional (master)user account for managing my single user.
Closed Thread