EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 1 Aug 2016, 06:21 AM   #1
Tutopros

Email postmaster delivery fail

Hi,

About a week ago, I started getting "delivery failed" messages (returned email), when I send a mails from my centurylink email to AOL.

Any answers would be appreciated.
Tutopros is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1 Aug 2016, 10:50 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Welcome to EMD Forums! Please don't double-post (even in multiple forums). This forum Email Help Needed is the correct one for such general requests about email problems.

Other than asking your service (centurylink), the only way to understand what is happening with a specific delivery failure is to carefully examine the details (including error numbers) in the delivery failure message. The message will usually give you some reason for the delivery failure.

The problem might be the reputation of your IP address or the CenturyLink outgoing server at AOL. Or the email address of the recipient might have changed. Or your email might have contained a virus or other troubling attachment. The delivery failure message should lead you in the right direction. If not, post some of it (munging the email addresses and names) here in this thread.

You can also check the CentruryLink help page below:
http://www.centurylink.com/help/index.php?assetid=96
The AOL account might need to check the Problems receiving or reading mail section at this link:
https://help.aol.com/articles/aol-mail-troubleshooting

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Aug 2016, 07:07 PM   #3
MagnumOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tutopros View Post
Hi,

About a week ago, I started getting "delivery failed" messages (returned email), when I send a mails from my centurylink email to AOL.
I've experienced this many times over the past several years when sending e-mails to AOL accounts. I usually get a failure notice that says it will retry sending the e-mail. Most of the time it's eventually delivered.
MagnumOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Aug 2016, 11:55 PM   #4
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

through recent years I got tons of emails with subject " Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" when sending to AOL recipients. I stopped worrying about it. I simply advise people NOT to use AOL anymore. As simple as that. I have given up on AOL a long time ago. For that account I hope the new deal Verizon made by buying Yahoo will bring something better...but I realy doubt it. AOL is just a lost case.

I am sure when you do a search on this very forum you'll find many examples of people who had problems with emails sending to AOL. (including myself).

I don't know what it is...one of my AOL accounts I have from 2000 (!) and still is active...allthough I never use it. Yes I know...it is a sweet short email domain name..just 3 letters..AOL....but that's about it.

I even tried NOT to log in for a very long time in 2 of my AOL accounts...and even when I did (just out of curiosity) they just seem there....active...!! I don't understand that.

Anyway...if you want free options for email just take ANY other email provider...just ANY. AOL ist just rubbish. Yandex,Gmail,Outlook,Mail.ru, are out there...doing all a great job. And also laposte.net,Vivaldi,mail.de and gazeta (from Poland) just to name some smaller companies are doing a great job.

my 2 cents.

Dutchie.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote