EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:13 AM   #16
earlzsta
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
heeheehee That's us!
Haha too true, too true
earlzsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2007, 06:46 AM   #17
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
Sure:

1. Get an email account
2. Get another email account
3. Get another email account
4. Get another email account
5. Get another email account
6. Get another email account
7. Get another email account
8. Get another email account
9. Get another email account
10. Get another email account
11. Get another email account
12. Use them all and reach nirvana
Well, there's a possible 13th step, too: when Nirvana is just out of reach, come in here and moan and groan.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:33 AM   #18
David
Ultimate Contributor

Here's how to check if you are addicted. If you were offered a no expense vacation (with your favourite person) at your destination of choice (for one month) - the only restriction being that you were not allowed to read or send email, would you go?
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 12:36 AM   #19
kchess79
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by David
Here's how to check if you are addicted. If you were offered a no expense vacation (with your favourite person) at your destination of choice (for one month) - the only restriction being that you were not allowed to read or send email, would you go?
...you know, I always thought I was a true email addict, but I'd have to say that I'd agree to that in a heartbeat. But I'd need to send out emails first to let everyone know I'd be MIA for awhile
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 02:58 AM   #20
johnwarren

Addicted to e-mail?

Addicted to it? - I live & breath it. Home, work, holidays - you name it - I log on whenever and wherever I'm awake.

There must be something I can take for it.

Jaydublyah

johnwarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:07 AM   #21
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Take two emails and call me in the morning. On second thought, maybe you'd better email me.

-Dr. RXmailer
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:10 AM   #22
drew
The "e" in e-mail

I read today that ICmail had "Unlimited Aliases" and the addiction got into spin heavily.

I want Unlimited Aliases, sounds cool. Must sign up but after reading their forum with a lot of complaints about outage and no support from icmail in the threads at the forum I kind of had to rethink it.

Are they reliable enough to justify the likely hazzle if one day one want to read something important and fail to download or log in?

Maybe I could use them as a DEA. Unlimited Aliases is a good thing to use for a DEA. And used as DEA one are not as dependent on the reliability. Only need to function for some hours that instant one need the DEA.

If it aint working that day one choose another DEA.

But going to a AA version for being internet dependent seems overkill.

I am Drew, I'm a netoholic, use internet too many hours every day. Locked to the puter with unbreakable spell.

Going on holiday without my mobile with internet on it. No way.

Ok maybe if the gf is new and me deeply in love with her. That would be a stronger motivation I hope.

I'm rather proud of that I didn't sign up for pubbox Felt the urges though but managed to postpone it indefinately.

Thanks xmailer. one evidence that I am addicted is that I actively do search for new services to sign up to.

I need one for yahoogroups. Maybe should use yahoo.se again.

Last edited by drew : 23 Feb 2007 at 04:16 AM.
drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 03:31 AM   #23
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Quote:
Originally posted by drew
I read today that ICmail had "Unlimited Aliases" and the addiction got into spin heavily.

I want Unlimited Aliases, sounds cool. Must sign up but after reading their forum with a lot of complaints about outage and no support from icmail in the threads at the forum I kind of had to rethink it.

Are they reliable enough to justify the likely hazzle if one day one want to read something important and fail to download or log in?

Maybe I could use them as a DEA. Unlimited Aliases is a good thing to use for a DEA. And used as DEA one are not as dependent on the reliability. Only need to function for some hours that instant one need the DEA.[...]
Hmm..since this might be considered "on topic" in the email forums, does that make it off-topic in the Off-Topic forum?

In either case, I got a bit carried away soon after discovering icmail.net, and created something over 100 aliases, I think, in fairly short order. However, it didn't take long to discover how unstable/unreliable the service was, and apparently still is, so I've made next to no use of those aliases, or of the account, except as a "spare" backup account for awhile when it intitially seemed to at least be accepting mail most of the time.

But although I've rarely if ever even tried accessing my icmail.net account by POP3 or IMAP, when on rare occasions I've attempted to login via the web, I'm almost never able to get in without an error on the first try or two, and sometimes not at all no matter how many times I try. I currently have a couple filters set up for autoforwarding new messages received there to another account, but as far as I can tell they're not working reliably either. The best I can tell, it's mainly intended as a "demo" site, like myrealbox.com, but much less reliable than MRB.

Last edited by xmailer : 23 Feb 2007 at 03:36 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 06:08 AM   #24
ReuvenNY

Quote:
I would go on that vacation, but... if I have two hotels to pick - one with internet , one without - I would pretty much always pick the one with
ReuvenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 06:13 AM   #25
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ReuvenNY
I would go on that vacation, but... if I have two hotels to pick - one with internet , one without - I would pretty much always pick the one with
That would be about as dangerous as an alcoholic picking up a glass of beer but not drinking any of it
Old 23 Feb 2007, 08:00 AM   #26
dragon1
Cornerstone of the Community

A few years ago when the hubby and I went on vacation to Hawaii, I picked a hotel with a business center and PCs with internet access to use for a fee. We never went there to check e-mails. How's that for control?

On the other hand when we went to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, the next year, twice we went to an internet cafe near the resort and checked our e-mails. We couldn't resist.

Thankfully, we do not have internet access enabled cell phones.
dragon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 08:16 AM   #27
JeffK

My wife wondered why I chose the dearer accommodation when the cheaper one looked good. The cheaper alternative had no local internet cafe (and no cable TV either; I've got to have my midnight sport when I am on holiday).

But I'm not addicted, much.
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Feb 2007, 06:26 PM   #28
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I'm addicted to spam!
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Feb 2007, 12:56 AM   #29
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by hadaso
I'm addicted to spam!
Addicted to fighting it hadaso? Hopefully you will not end up a defeated pugilist
Old 24 Feb 2007, 05:58 AM   #30
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Addicted to fighting it hadaso?
Sort of ...
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote