EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 29 Aug 2019, 12:18 AM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Pictures on Facebook

Does anyone know if people who are not on Facebook can view profiles and calmly browse through the photo albums and photos in the profile?
I have some friends who are not on Facebook (and don't want to be) with whom I would however like to share the photos I upload to Facebook.

When visiting a page (which is different than a profile) you often see a popup-esque message appear prompting to log in to Facebook, covering almost the entire screen so that you cannot see the page anymore. I don't know if the same happens with profiles if a non-Facebook member browses to a profile and wants to see all the photo's (both in photo albums or in regular timeline posts).

Does anyone know?

If it would be not possible to view photos as a non-member, I'd probably use Instagram more actively to post pictures, as there I know non-members can visit a profile and see all pictures without any hinder.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Aug 2019, 08:46 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

When I'm not logged in to FB (which is all the time, unless I'm actually using it), I can't view my profile. I'll have to ask someone I know and that isn't a FB user what happens when they try to view my profile. I'll just send an email to my father (who isn't a FB user I believe) as we live about 300 miles apart.

- Bruce

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 29 Aug 2019 at 08:54 AM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2019, 08:09 PM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Thanks, keep us updated on the answer to your mail.

Could it also have to do with how private or how public a profile is set?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2019, 10:14 PM   #4
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

You answered your own question in your original post:

Quote:
If it would be not possible to view photos as a non-member, I'd probably use Instagram more actively to post pictures, as there I know non-members can visit a profile and see all pictures without any hinder.
There is a marvelous invention called a search engine, that you can use from your web browser. It enables you to search on any number of subjects to get the answers to questions yourself.

Try it.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Aug 2019, 12:53 AM   #5
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Thanks, keep us updated on the answer to your mail.

Could it also have to do with how private or how public a profile is set?
He was out of town and didn't check his email until a few minutes ago. He is not a facebook user, and he wasn't able to view my profile. He just got the same 'sign up for facebook' page that I get when not logged in. My profiles' privacy setting is for the public to be able to view it. The facebook definition of 'public' is every facebook user, whether in my contacts (friend) list or not.

- Bruce

Last edited by somdcomputerguy : 31 Aug 2019 at 07:33 AM.
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote