EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:23 AM   #1
jclarkw2

Automatic Logout from Webmail?

Is there any way to prevent (or significantly delay) the automatic logout from Webmail, at least on an account-by-account basis?

Using the two-factor feature, plus keeping my account passwords encrypted on my computer, makes it rather of a pain to have to log in more than once a day. Ideally Webmail would stay logged in until I manually log out or shut down the browser.

Background: My intention is to use Webmail primarily for a sub-account that is not intended to be very secure but will carry a lot of routine traffic. (I would normally use an email client with POP3/SMTP for the main account and for a second sub-account that carries business and personal traffic.) I could probably use an alias as this not-very-secure email address, but I need to retain it indefinitely as a reference for the many forum, support, and other, more sensitive site logins that I have come to depend on.

The above has been my customary operating procedure with the old email provider/ISP, but they have become too unreliable to tolerate any longer. If there's a better procedure, however, I'd be glad to be educated. Perhaps my customary approach doesn't make any sense with Runbox? -- jclarkw
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:21 PM   #2
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
It's not currently possible to prevent the automatic logout. The new Runbox 7 will not log you out by default as it works in a different way and allows the mail list to be updated when new mail arrives.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Mar 2018, 11:59 PM   #3
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
It's not currently possible to prevent the automatic logout. The new Runbox 7 will not log you out by default as it works in a different way and allows the mail list to be updated when new mail arrives.
Good news! And probably other welcome changes as well.

I think I saw that 7 is out of beta now, but I haven't seen a schedule for release. Can you comment? -- jclarkw
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2018, 05:57 AM   #4
gecko

BTW, as long as you use the webmail, the timeout counter is reset every time you open a new page.

Automatic logout only kicks in when you don't touch your webmail session for a couple of hours.

Regards,
gecko
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Mar 2018, 07:48 AM   #5
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkw2 View Post
I think I saw that 7 is out of beta now, but I haven't seen a schedule for release. Can you comment? -- jclarkw
It's still in beta at the moment, but we are happy to continue take on more people who wish to test it and provide feedback to us.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2018, 11:11 PM   #6
adam1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
It's still in beta at the moment, but we are happy to continue take on more people who wish to test it and provide feedback to us.
Would love to participate. I use webmail exclusively, for some reason, and am looking for improvements.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote