EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 27 Aug 2014, 05:25 PM   #196
jl66
Essential Contributor

RB team:
Do you know some "imap web client" (something like Thunderbird but in the browser) I could use right now with RB and without javascript?. Thanks.
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2014, 09:20 PM   #197
mf1941
Essential Contributor

http://imailreader.com/
mf1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2014, 09:56 PM   #198
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl66 View Post
RB team:
Do you know some "imap web client" (something like Thunderbird but in the browser) I could use right now with RB and without javascript?. Thanks.
Unfortunately we are not prepared to recommend any 3rd party websites that can access your email because we cannot vouch for the security of those websites. You would rightly hold us responsible if we did recommend something and then there was a problem.

A typical case in point is that the one recommended by mf1941 does not appear to use SSL to secure your username or password.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2014, 11:16 PM   #199
jl66
Essential Contributor

Thank you dbowdley for the answer, great answer and itīs true what you say and about what mf1941 posted (thank you anyway mf1941).
Well, I hope someday you will change a little bit your interface (or adding another one) allowing us (those using noscript or browsing without javascript) to use it without javascript.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
Unfortunately we are not prepared to recommend any 3rd party websites that can access your email because we cannot vouch for the security of those websites. You would rightly hold us responsible if we did recommend something and then there was a problem.

A typical case in point is that the one recommended by mf1941 does not appear to use SSL to secure your username or password.
Old 29 Aug 2014, 05:58 AM   #200
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
I don't think adding more and more webmail interfaces is the answer.

They just need to fix the Runbox' interface.. .
'Fix' is a bit strong but I certainly don't like it at all and much prefer the Roundcube interface for everyday use. I know the Runbox interface is more powerful and, if it was a bit more like Roundcube or more customisable, I might be happy to use it.
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Aug 2014, 09:41 PM   #201
kservik

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by filbert View Post
'Fix' is a bit strong but I certainly don't like it at all and much prefer the Roundcube interface for everyday use. I know the Runbox interface is more powerful and, if it was a bit more like Roundcube or more customisable, I might be happy to use it.
Could you try to define what you want? More whitespace and less blue?

Today most webmails have taken much of the design que from Apple and constantly remove easy accessible tools from the interface and either hide them away or remove them. Would you be interested in a much cleaner interface that has a lot less easily available options?

Personally I love features like "View full headers", "Whitelist domain" that are very accessible.

Kim

Last edited by kservik : 29 Aug 2014 at 10:01 PM.
kservik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:33 AM   #202
filbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kservik View Post
Could you try to define what you want? More whitespace and less blue?

Kim
Of the top of my head, my main issue is that it's too fussy. Too much information and not enough distinction between sections.

When I use webmail, I normally want to read, reply and compose messages. There's too much white rather than too little.
Can it be made more customisable? The ability to hide some of the less used features, for example. Tools still need to be available but, for me, they can be relegated to a separate page

As I rarely use it, I will have to have another look and give some more constructive feedback.

Rgrds

F
filbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2014, 12:58 AM   #203
jl66
Essential Contributor

Sometimes I think RB team has a lot of patience with us lol
Old 30 Aug 2014, 11:57 PM   #204
mechanic

Personally I don't like the web interface, its only merit seems to be that it's faster than my IMAP client (Alpine) but it looks a mess. The list of mail items should be numbered, and maybe alternate items have a different colo(u)r background. Those things for a start would improve readability of the page. Can't someone work on some skins?

Sieve filters on the serve would improve functionality too!
mechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Sep 2014, 06:52 AM   #205
probabilistic

A couple features I'd like to see:

1) Show message display pane simultaneously with mailbox listing, so I can use up/down arrows to scroll through messages and read them in the display pane (roundcube does this).

2) When replying to mail, set "from" address based on the address at which I received the mail, not the folder the message is in. I don't keep separate folders for every mail account, and if I get mail sent to (for example) my gmail address, I'd like to automatically respond "from" my gmail address, regardless of the folder that the messages is in.
probabilistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2014, 02:31 AM   #206
smithmb001

Start Mail

Not that I am interested in changing email providers as I am quite happy with RunBox, but competitors are coming and it is good to see what features they are offering.

https://live.startmail.com/

RunBox already offers most of these features, but it would be nice to see RMM7 (future release) include PGP in the web interface and the ability to send encrypted messages without actually sending the message, see below. (The alternative is to get all your friends to use RunBox.)

Write private email to anyone
Even if your recipient does not use encryption, you can still send encrypted messages with our Q&A feature.

Katherine Albrecht, owner of StartPage and StartMail, gave a wonderful interview on CTM (Caravan To Midnight) the other day, EP125: http://caravantomidnight.com/.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2014, 02:40 AM   #207
17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithmb001 View Post
Not that I am interested in changing email providers as I am quite happy with RunBox, but competitors are coming and it is good to see what features they are offering.

https://live.startmail.com/

RunBox already offers most of these features, but it would be nice to see RMM7 (future release) include PGP in the web interface and the ability to send encrypted messages without actually sending the message, see below. (The alternative is to get all your friends to use RunBox.)

Write private email to anyone
Even if your recipient does not use encryption, you can still send encrypted messages with our Q&A feature.

Katherine Albrecht, owner of StartPage and StartMail, gave a wonderful interview on CTM (Caravan To Midnight) the other day, EP125: http://caravantomidnight.com/.
I think asking for PGP support is a little bit too much

Let's go baby steps or we're not gonna get anything new for another year.. Just noticed in this link http://blog.runbox.com/category/development/ that there has been no development for almost a year... That's bad.

About startmail: I was planning on buying an account but they're way too expensive for me.. Oh well..

EDIT: Did you guys know about light.runbox.com? I just tried it and honestly, it's better than RMM6 (lol).. The browser back button works and it seems to be relatively faster (though still on the slow side, when compared to fastmail, for example).. I think I'm gonna start using this light interface instead.

Last edited by 17pm : 7 Sep 2014 at 02:48 AM.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2014, 06:39 AM   #208
David
Ultimate Contributor

After reading the 'startmail' home page, it sounds like they are expecting folk to beg for an account
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2014, 03:32 PM   #209
jl66
Essential Contributor

Donīt trust using PGP in the web interface, learn to use PGP in your computer without the browser and then send it. Yes, I know many people are not interested to learn, but other alternatives will find problems.
Q&A, like hushmail was also using, is not safe.
Old 23 Sep 2014, 05:44 AM   #210
OLee

light.runbox.com vs. secure.runbox.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
I think asking for PGP support is a little bit too much

EDIT: Did you guys know about light.runbox.com? I just tried it and honestly, it's better than RMM6 (lol).. The browser back button works and it seems to be relatively faster (though still on the slow side, when compared to fastmail, for example).. I think I'm gonna start using this light interface instead.
Does anyone know if Runbox Security is the same when using either "light.runbox.com" or "secure.runbox.com"?
OLee is offline   Reply With Quote