EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 12 Aug 2007, 11:07 PM   #1
wilyliam

IMAP with PocketPC?

Greetings! New to this forum - I looked around and didn't see anything specific to my IMAP question ... (that doesn't mean it's not a dumb question, however ...)

I would really like to use Runbox IMAP with my PocketPC - for when I'm out an about, want to look at/manipulate my email without downloading or erasing it from the server - so I can still have it all in Outlook when I get home ... But I'm finding a couple things - one, nothing I delete actually gets deleted, and sometimes ends up getting re-synched - I tried using the "Manage Folders" option in Pocket Outlook and checked a couple other folders for synchronization "Inbox.Sent" and "Inbox.Trash" - then I started getting messages that the Send and Receive could not be completed.

Also, I can't seem to send any messages - keeps asking me if I have a network connection.

Does anyone know how to use Runbox IMAP with PocketPC (Windows Mobile 5)

Thanks,
Wily
wilyliam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12 Aug 2007, 11:33 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

I am not a Runbox user wilyliam but see this recent Fastmail thread. Pocket Outlook seems to be incapable of deleting messages (after download) regardless of if you set up a POP or IMAP account. (unless it works differently with Runbox)

Welcome to the forums by the way
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Aug 2007, 03:37 AM   #3
wilyliam

Thanks! I was afraid it was something like that ... for the most part I'm finding that Pocket Outlook is kind of lame ...

Wily
wilyliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2007, 08:09 PM   #4
jsamuelson

At the moment, due to the borked IMAP support of WM, I forward all my Runbox mail to a 4smartphone Hosted Exchange account which I then pick up on my mobile devices.

This has the advantage of giving me a full backup of all mail hosted elsewhere, plus ActiveSync contact/calendar support and DirectPush which all works surprisingly well for Microsoft.

It does, however, mean additional cost and additional work (duplicated emails) but if you have a WM device and need mobile push email it is a good solution.

Or you could use Outlook with it too, and use Runbox as the collection point/backup/junk filter.

Regards,

John
jsamuelson is offline   Reply With Quote