EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 14 Nov 2009, 11:35 AM   #1
hannabarn

Emailing to all contacts

How do I email to all of my contact just one time to notify them of my new email address? Can this be done without typing in each individual name in the bcc? I can do this with yahoo but that is what I am switching from!
hannabarn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Nov 2009, 12:42 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Welcome to the forums hannabarn. There is some good info here on how to migrate your contacts to GMail.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2009, 06:57 PM   #3
mikedk
Cornerstone of the Community

Arrow

To email all your existing contacts from Gmail first import them as mentioned above. When done, open your contacts page and tick the box which selects all your contacts. In the large Reading pane on the right click the word email. This action will open an email page with all the selected contact addresses in the To: field. Complete the email and send. I'm writing this from memory so hope I have covered everything correctly.
mikedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Nov 2009, 07:29 AM   #4
hannabarn

Transfering Email addresses

Thanks alot! Really informative replies!
Old 15 Nov 2009, 08:32 AM   #5
Sherry

Just a suggestion if the Bcc choice isn't there when you click the word email. I believe once they are in the To: field you could then click on "Add Bcc" then copy/paste them into that field then delete them from To:. As you know, that way you won't be revealing everyones email address to everybody you send it to.

Welcome to EMD hannabarn

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2009, 10:25 AM   #6
hannabarn

Question Forwarding Email

Do I have to type in each address individually to forward or is there a way to bring up the contact list and pick and choose as there is at yahoo?
Old 16 Nov 2009, 03:57 PM   #7
mikedk
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabarn View Post
Do I have to type in each address individually to forward or is there a way to bring up the contact list and pick and choose as there is at yahoo?
You can set up 'Groups' in Gmail, to include groups of contacts you either email or forward to frequently. To do this: open contacts; tick the box beside each contact in your mail list you wish to add to a group; when done, on the reading pane on the left select 'Groups'; from the drop down list select 'new group'; give your group a name. The group name will now appear in the Contacts Groups pane on the left. To select a group to email/forward to, in the 'To:' pane in your email just type in the group name, the option will appear; select it. When done, you can if necessary fine tune this list in your email by either adding or deleting individual email addresses. I hope this helps.
mikedk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Nov 2009, 10:23 AM   #8
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannabarn View Post
What are you trying to forward? Your old mail to your gmail account? Emails that come from now on to your old email to your gmail?
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Nov 2009, 09:28 AM   #9
hannabarn

What I am trying to do is forward email from my inbox to friends on my email list. So far I have had no luck and I am thinking of abandoning gmail and go back to yahoo. Everytime I try to forward I get the message that the addresses are not recognized! Maybe it's just too deep for me!!!!!!!!!!!!