EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Google Gmail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Google Gmail Forum Discussions related to Google's Gmail service should go here: suggestions, tips, comments, requests for help, tech issues etc.

Old 3 Oct 2010, 11:21 PM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Return to Apps ?

I once had my domain mail hosted at Google Apps. I cancelled the account. I now wish to return . Once this was possible after a five day wait; Now when trying to signup I get this error message
This domain has already been registered with Google Apps. Please contact your domain administrator for instructions on using Google Apps with this domain.
Anyone know how to proceed from here?
Thanks for any help.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Oct 2010, 03:31 AM   #2
petergh
Master of the @

You're not alone, several people have had this issue.

Maybe you could try posting to this thread to get the attention of one of the Google Advisors:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/...3c2e1f7c&hl=en

Peter
petergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 05:14 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks petergh for your response and help. At least I'm not alone with this problem.
Old 4 Oct 2010, 05:57 AM   #4
B4its2L8
Master of the @

Just out of curiosity, have you tried to sign in to the account using the old information (username, password) to see what happens ? (Error message ?)
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 08:16 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Yes I tried using the old user name and received the error message I listed in above post. In the past I have been able to sign up with an earlier domain and username. Now I cannot open sign up page. Error message: IE8 cannot open this page

Last edited by sheprd : 4 Oct 2010 at 08:20 AM. Reason: Adding info
Old 4 Oct 2010, 09:19 AM   #6
jon348fmf

maybe you could try with a different browser as the error mentions ie8. Possibly look into recovering the admin password/account.

jon

I can't access my control panel

http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/...3296#password2

Please note that the password field is case-sensitive, so make sure you're using the correct capitalization and check to see if Caps Lock is on. You don't have to worry about being locked out for trying to sign in too many times since Google doesn't limit your attempts.

Also, be sure to enter only your administrator username (everything before '@your_domain.com') in the Username field.

If you're still unable to log in, please begin the password reset process with these steps:

Visit your control panel login page.
Click I cannot access my account.
Click Reset your administrator password.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Yes I tried using the old user name and received the error message I listed in above post. In the past I have been able to sign up with an earlier domain and username. Now I cannot open sign up page. Error message: IE8 cannot open this page
jon348fmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Oct 2010, 11:57 AM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thnks jon348fmf for your response. I'll be trying your suggestion.
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:43 AM   #8
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Just a question. If you are returning to Google Apps, and your google Apps account was never deleted by Google in the first place, can't you just use your old account after you redirect the nameservers with your domain registrar? If it's a matter of you no longer having access to the login info, did you try clicking on "forgot password?"

Just a suggestions. I have two domains hosted with Apps, and I never thought of deleting them, but this is actually getting me worried.

By the way, yes yes I used to be here often before. Haha.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2010, 09:56 AM   #9
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks FMRocks for your response. For some reason my apps acct started working. Don't know what happened but working fine now.
Old 22 Oct 2010, 02:21 AM   #10
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

For some reason I've been unable to access my Google Apps acount all day today. Anyone else haviing problems ?