EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 2 Apr 2017, 06:52 PM   #1
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Why does iOS app suddenly take me to Safari?

I've recently started using the FM app for iOS. I'm pretty sure that up until a few minutes ago, it looked like a completely custom app interface, but then I pressed something weird, apparently, and now when I launch the app, it takes me to the FM site on Safari instead. This seems like something wrong to me, and I want to get back to what (I'm pretty sure) it used to be.

Yes, I tried powering down the phone and back up again

Thanks for any quick help.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 2 Apr 2017, 09:41 PM   #2
Pfolson
Essential Contributor

It sounds as if you might have a Safari shortcut to FastMail on your phone, and you're clicking that instead of the app icon.

I still have one of those shortcuts myself. I used to use it all the time back before the iOS app was introduced. It was much faster and easier to click that shortcut and go immediately to the FastMail site than open Safari and then log in to FastMail. The catch is that the shortcut looks identical to the FM app icon. From time to time I still accidentally click that shortcut and open Safari when I meant to open the app instead.

My advice would be to hunt around for a second FastMail icon that may have disappeared onto another home screen or even into a folder. If that fails, you could try uninstalling the FastMail app and re-downloading it from the App Store.
Pfolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Apr 2017, 10:07 PM   #3
NumberSix

Thanks for the reply, but I'm pretty sure this is not it. I've hardly used my phone at all yet, and I don't even know how to create shortcuts But I found what might be a hint about this in another thread.

Last edited by NumberSix : 2 Apr 2017 at 11:08 PM.
Old 3 Apr 2017, 07:05 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix View Post
Thanks for the reply, but I'm pretty sure this is not it. I've hardly used my phone at all yet, and I don't even know how to create shortcuts But I found what might be a hint about this in another thread.
There's new FM app for your iPhone. This solves it. Please, visit the app store and update.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Apr 2017, 09:39 AM   #5
NumberSix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berenburger View Post
There's new FM app for your iPhone. This solves it. Please, visit the app store and update.

Thanks! I'll do that right away. (I had to write this second sentence because the forum wouldn't accept such a short one word answer as "Thanks" )

Edit: Looks like it updated itself automatically or something... found the new version already there this morning. Hmn.