EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 8 Jun 2011, 08:45 PM   #1
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Odd pop-up and unknown program

Yesterday I was watching a documentary online (on the website hollanddoc.nl for what that's worth -- not sure if it's relevant) when a popup came on the screen. A small popup window with title "Windows in..." (the rest didn't fit in the popup window but I could expand the popup window's size). The comments in the popup said "Stack overflow in line 26".

I clicked "Aceptar" (Spanish for "Accept" or "OK" as usual in popups) but a second later the popup was back. Closing the popup window rather than pressing OK : same result, a second later the popup came back. Closing the whole Internet Explorer also didn't help as it refused to close that tab, only via admin panel where you could see which programs were running I managed to terminate the entire browser.

I wonder what that popup could be?

When I then went back to hollanddoc.nl to watch the remainder of the documentary, all worked fine. The website is run in corporation with an official TV broadcaster in the Netherlands, it's no dodgy site which contains safety hazards. So this was odd.

While in the panel to see the running programs and terminating Internet Explorer, there was a program "RocketDock" which I didn't know what it was. I didn't dare to also terminate that program as I didn't know what it was for.

Quite odd messages and names.

I must add this was not my own computer, but I'm still somewhat curious what it could mean. In theory I could just forget about it and leave it for the person whose computer I was using to watch the documentary ; but just out of curiosity or who knows I may someday have a similar message coming up on my own computer ...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9 Jun 2011, 02:37 AM   #2
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

http://rocketdock.com/

http://www.google.co.uk/search?compl...=Google+Search

Click to open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.
Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote