EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 20 Sep 2016, 03:12 AM   #61
mekitron

jI66: I do agree your feedback, "different needs". Yes, it is.

Actually, they promised and then ran into some problems (I think so). I expect that they have learnt the lesson of making promises while running a company with serious financial issues.

I hope, they'll implement 2FA before more beloved users move away.
mekitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 03:26 AM   #62
jl66
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekitron View Post

Actually, they promised and then ran into some problems (I think so). I expect that they have learnt the lesson of making promises while running a company with serious financial issues.

Yes, I hope so
jl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 03:53 AM   #63
bipbop

Quote:

Serious financial issues? But they hired lots of programmers, so can't be that bad.
bipbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 05:36 AM   #64
mekitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop View Post
Serious financial issues? But they hired lots of programmers, so can't be that bad.
As per my knowledge, their most of the programmers are freelancers. And, freelancers don't do better jobs all the times.

Again, they made a promise. You know what happens when promises are made.
Old 20 Sep 2016, 05:50 AM   #65
bipbop

Quote:
As per my knowledge, their most of the programmers are freelancers. And, freelancers don't do better jobs all the times.

Again, they made a promise. You know what happens when promises are made.
My point was that they need to get paid, freelancers or not. You don't go on a hiring spree if you're broke, or?
Old 20 Sep 2016, 06:14 AM   #66
mekitron

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop View Post
My point was that they need to get paid, freelancers or not. You don't go on a hiring spree if you're broke, or?
You can hire cheap and run into expensive issues. I assume, they didn't hire professional freelancers, and it resulted bad. Professionally, they are losing valued customers.

Don't you think so?
Old 20 Sep 2016, 06:29 AM   #67
bipbop

Quote:
You can hire cheap and run into expensive issues. I assume, they didn't hire professional freelancers, and it resulted bad. Professionally, they are losing valued customers.

Don't you think so?
I don't know, that's why I'm asking. Thanks for the interesting info.
Old 20 Sep 2016, 08:31 AM   #68
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
I understand your concerns, but the delays in the 2FA project are related to the complexities involved in modifying the authentication schemes of all our services and has nothing to do with the current financial state of the business.

In fact, Runbox as both a service and a company is now healthier and more ambitious than ever. The story has been told before, but under the old ownership (pre-2011) the business did not receive the investment it needed and was doing poorly. The employees decided to buy it out as we knew it could be profitable with better management and development, and we then spent years investing in and slowly upgrading both the back-end and front-end systems to bring them up to date.

These investments paid off as our customer base is now 2.5 times larger than when we founded the new company in 2011, and our finances have steadily improved ever since. 2015 showed a 39% increase in revenue over 2014, and 2016 is continuing this trend. Our finances are a matter of public record in Norway and can easily be looked up. You will find that the previous company made a loss in the years up to the point when we (the new company) took over the Runbox email service, and has steadily improved since then.

From employing half a programmer in the past we now have 3-4 skilled and effective developers, plus a team of some of the best consultants available, who make sure that what we are building is top notch. We now have more staff, and more projects being worked on, than at any time in the history of the Runbox email service.

Today, a wide variety of customers use Runbox, and although we listen carefully to the comments on this forum the majority of our customers are not represented by them. We have to cater to all of our customers and as such we are working on a range of projects. Right now 2FA is getting the most attention, but we have also been working on calendaring, improved spam filtering, and various web interface upgrades.

As detailed on this forum, there have been delays with 2FA and we share your frustrations in this regard. Despite the apparent simplicity of a 2FA interface it has been our most ambitious project to date, and we want to make sure it is solid when we do launch it. Once completed it will free up resources that will add to Runbox' momentum going forward, and I'm confident that you will be pleased with our progress.

- Geir

Last edited by Geir : 20 Sep 2016 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Readability.
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 09:02 AM   #69
bipbop

Thanks for that information, Geir. Glad to hear the rumors of Runbox's demise aren't true!
Old 20 Sep 2016, 09:40 AM   #70
smithmb001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post
Right now 2FA is getting the most attention, but we have also been working on calendaring, improved spam filtering, and various web interface upgrades.- Geir
Gier, Please take your time and get 2FA right. I can tell you that I am less than pleased with the calendaring "service". Again, who releases a calendaring service without a front end? (nobody!) There is no way you can honestly respond and tell me that the silent majority of your customers are pleased with this "service" and I would be willing to bet that less than 1% of your customers are even actively using this "service". So, get 2FA right and don't release it until it is ready for primetime. (Even though I am not happy with calendaring I am very happy with the core product and the Rubox team. If I were not I would be on my way.)
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 06:03 PM   #71
17pm
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:

This is simply pathetic. How can you come here and make such a statement without giving/having any sources whatsoever?

Turns out Runbox has no serious financial issues (according to Geir's reply above). Go spam somewhere else.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 07:48 PM   #72
mekitron

You have to apologise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
This is simply pathetic. How can you come here and make such a statement without giving/having any sources whatsoever?

Turns out Runbox has no serious financial issues (according to Geir's reply above).
I didn't mean that Runbox is currently running into financial troubles. I meant, "the companyt ran into once." They made the promise more than a year ago. A that time, they were not sound enough financially; not as same as now. I am their happy customer, so far. I continuously used words like "think so" and "assume" but unfortunately all words were chewed up while reading. Moreover, I learnt about their "remote workers" on their website before signing up. Do you need a link, 17pm?

Quote:
Go spam somewhere else.

Either you delete or not; you have to apologise for your last sentence. I spammed nowhere.
I am a responsible forum user, and I take my responsibilities critically.

Sometimes while writing, it is hard to keep the tone according to reader. That's why not all writers get Pulitzer Prize.

Last edited by mekitron : 20 Sep 2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Grammar and Clarity
Old 20 Sep 2016, 07:56 PM   #73
mekitron

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geir View Post

As detailed on this forum, there have been delays with 2FA and we share your frustrations in this regard. Despite the apparent simplicity of a 2FA interface it has been our most ambitious project to date, and we want to make sure it is solid when we do launch it. Once completed it will free up resources that will add to Runbox' momentum going forward, and I'm confident that you will be pleased with our progress.
Hi Geir,

Your response is very courageous. At this point, I would appreciate "no back-up" policy of Runbox where you place all emails on servers without backups (as per user demand) to delete any email immediately. This is really fantastic. My whole family is happy with the service you are providing at this time.

I use CalDav on my phone and desktop client, and I never ran into any problems since the beta launch. I am looking forward for the web-interface as well as revamped webmail UI.

Good luck!

--
Mek
Old 20 Sep 2016, 09:41 PM   #74
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
I learnt about their "remote workers" on their website before signing up.
Remote workers does not mean freelancers. We are able to employ people full time wherever they are located. We allow all our staff great flexibility in working location.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Sep 2016, 09:42 PM   #75
dbowdley

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
I would appreciate "no back-up" policy of Runbox where you place all emails on servers without backups (as per user demand) to delete any email immediately.
Yes, this facility is available for anyone who wants it by contacting Runbox Support.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote