EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 May 2022, 10:44 PM   #1
jc222

Sending email from one domain from another

Hello. I have two domains, xxx.com and yyy.com. xxx.com is our current site but we are eventually transitioning to yyy.com. We want emails sent from xxx.com to come from yyy.com. Current setup in fastmail is xxx.com emails are aliases. All yyy.com emails are users.

Is there a way to change xxx.com DNS so that I can use @yyy.com emails to send from xxx.com with Fastmail?

Thanks for any help!
jc222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 May 2022, 11:40 PM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

I am not completely certain that I understand your current setup. Assuming
  1. you have a Fastmail account associated with each yyy.com email address; and
  2. xxx.com is a domain administered by a Fastmail account.
You just define domain aliases for each xxx.com address, directing the messages to be delivered to the appropriate yyy.com account. Although the messages are delivered from name@xxx.com, you simply do not define a sending identity for name@xxx, and messages will automatically be sent out from the default name@yyy.com email address. Note, however, that the fact that your correspondents have sent to you as name@xxx.com will still be visible in your reply. Only the address you use to send the reply is name@yyy.com (along with any further replies by the original sender).

If xxx.com is not administered by a Fastmail account, it will be necessary to use forwarding in a way that will differ from one mail service to another, and you might also need to be careful about possible message delivery issues that can these days arise when using email forwarding.

If you describe your current setup more clearly, we can probably give you better advice.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote