EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 3 Jul 2010, 07:32 PM   #1
SendMail

Zoho Mail IMAP server down?

Is the Zoho Mail IMAP server down? Connection is refused to me.
SendMail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Jul 2010, 01:24 AM   #2
jrafter
Essential Contributor

There are some newly added features. Perhaps the server was down during the update?
jrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2010, 01:57 AM   #3
SendMail

Still down for me.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 02:43 AM   #4
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I've never used IMAP with zoho.com and have no convenient way to check it ATM, and I was going to suggest that you post a query to their forums, but I see that someone with the user name 'xsend1' has just recently reported the problem there. Is that you? If so, noting that it's the only recent report I see of that issue, I guess it could be that it's a problem specific to your own account. Offhand I don't see any other means of getting support, although I suppose you could try the obvious of sending a message to support@ the domain.

Otherwise, although there's no particular reason to believe it would likely help, pending any further information or help, I suppose you could try resetting the IMAP option in your webmail settings, as has sometimes seemed to fix the problem when Gmail users have unexpectedly lost IMAP access.

(Not having used the service extensively yet myself, I was just playing around in the web interface and just found what seems to be a bug in their filters feature, which isn't relevant to go into detail about here, but it does suggest that, still being in development, perhaps I should think twice about recommending the service to anyone here without a clear "disclaimer.")

Last edited by xmailer : 4 Jul 2010 at 02:49 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2010, 03:53 AM   #5
SendMail

Thank you. IMAP works again. On the Zoho Mail forum the support says that there was a technical issue.
Old 4 Jul 2010, 04:06 AM   #6
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Yes, I see now that they have responded. I wasn't sure how soon you might get a response on a weekend, but the fact they've already responded and fixed the issue may be considered a "plus" for their support, anyway, whatever this particular technical issue may say about the overall reliability of the service. But glad to hear you got it fixed anyway.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote