EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 26 Dec 2014, 04:59 PM   #61
spiderman
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Fastcheck.org
Quote:
Originally Posted by somdcomputerguy View Post
Also Eric, and I don't know if this helps to isolate my issue, but if I have email in any sub folder and the Inbox, and if I read or just delete the email that is in the sub folder before I do the same to the email in the Inbox, the icon will reset itself as expected when the email in the Inbox is 'acted upon'.

Thanks, - Bruce
Yes, this is expected: the update in the Inbox folder triggers a full refresh and therefore the email in the sub sub folder is seen as read, and the icon turns back to normal.
You can still change the polling interval in the "Internet Connection" option tab ("Check interval"). I have mine set to 5 minutes.

In the future I'll replace the current sync mechanism with JMAP. Hopefully this'll let FC monitor several folders with only 1 connection (something that IMAP can't do).

Eric
spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2014, 10:49 PM   #62
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
You can still change the polling interval in the "Internet Connection" option tab ("Check interval"). I have mine set to 5 minutes.
Ah. I have set my 'polling interval' to a shorter amount then the default 10 minutes. Thanks.

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Dec 2014, 11:07 PM   #63
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
Yes, this is expected: the update in the Inbox folder triggers a full refresh and therefore the email in the sub sub folder is seen as read, and the icon turns back to normal.

In the future I'll replace the current sync mechanism with JMAP. Hopefully this'll let FC monitor several folders with only 1 connection (something that IMAP can't do).

Eric
Although I think this is academic as Cyrus IMAP does not yet support it, the IDLE NOTIFY extension to IMAP (RFC 5465) does address this issue. That said, the switch to JMAP makes sense as the performance should e better.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote