EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 3 Jul 2015, 06:30 AM   #1
digp
Master of the @

Q for the FM developers

Could FM add something like this Luxsci feature for delivery reporting:

https://luxsci.com/blog/sent-email-d...e-arrived.html

It's this bit I am interested in:

Delivery Reports
Email Delivery Reports are completely new to the LuxSci reporting toolkit. These reports allow you to see the disposition of every message to every recipient and are updated in real time as messages are sent and as queued messages are re-tried.
Delivery reports present you with (for every recipient/message):
Status. The message disposition: e.g. Delivered, Failed, or still “In Queue”
Details. Exactly why it failed, why it is queued, and what the recipient server said when it was delivered there successfully (including tracking codes that you can give your recipients to help them figure out what happened to any “missing email” which was actually delivered successfully to them).
Date. When the status of the message was last updated.
These reports can be sorted, downloaded, and searched by:
Subject
From address
Recipient address (or domain)
Message disposition
Disposition details
sendmail tracking ID
Email delivery reports make it quick and simple to answer questions about any sent email message. Daily and monthly reports also put aggregate delivery success and failure rates at your finger tips.
digp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 3 Jul 2015, 11:17 AM   #2
robn
Master of the @

Representative of:
Fastmail.fm
Yeah, that's something we've wanted to do for a while. We actually wrote all the code for it back in 2008 but we didn't have disks available that could keep up with it. We do keep talking about it, so I think some sort of message tracking and delivery reporting will definitely happen, though I can't say when right now.
robn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2015, 06:33 AM   #3
digp
Master of the @

That would be brilliant.

Luxsci also have the option whereby the user can receive an email every so often, such as every 5, 15 minutes, hourly etc with an email delivery report (perhaps William9 could please provide an example?) so that if an important email I am sending is not delivered I would rather know about it sooner than wait for the mail delivery error message much later.

A time frame if possible would be great.

Thanks.
Old 13 Apr 2016, 05:55 PM   #4
digp
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by robn View Post
Yeah, that's something we've wanted to do for a while. We actually wrote all the code for it back in 2008 but we didn't have disks available that could keep up with it. We do keep talking about it, so I think some sort of message tracking and delivery reporting will definitely happen, though I can't say when right now.

This is long overdue please.
Old 17 Oct 2016, 05:36 AM   #5
digp
Master of the @

Hi Rob

Is there any update with this please?

It could be a paid extra or only available on the top package if disk space is an issue.

Thanks.
Old 4 Nov 2016, 10:03 PM   #6
theDuke
Essential Contributor

i'm interested as well
theDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2016, 07:00 PM   #7
radtux

I am definitely interested in the delivered and the read reports (much like BBM). Its there in Exchange server on my official email and I can apply inbox rules accordingly to the volume of the mail coming in. This helps me to schedule my emails and know how exactly the mail has worked.

A great suggestion and I'd be happy to see it implemented.
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote