EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 4 Sep 2004, 08:18 PM   #1
Barry

Question Pobox

Does anyone here use Pobox, with their $50 a year package you get Squirrel mail. Or would i be better off with Runbox, can anyone recommend either

Cheers
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Sep 2004, 07:06 AM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Pobox

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry
Does anyone here use Pobox, with their $50 a year package you get Squirrel mail. Or would i be better off with Runbox, can anyone recommend either

Cheers
Hi Barry: I use Pobox and consider it the best, as it gives me freedom to change email accounts (as I wish) It also allows me to forward to more that one account, so I always have backup.

Regarding Mailstore... I have tried this and have given it up as I prefer to use a combination of Pobox and Fastmail (with PromptPost as backup) Pobox is $20 a year now and a Fastmail full account is $20 a year... which is $10 a year less than the price of Mailstore.

If you need filters and/or any of the other goodies that Pobox provide (at extra cost) Mailstore might be a good way to go, as you get the extra goodies at no extra cost (if you buy Mailstore)
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2004, 12:33 PM   #3
Shelded

Squirrelmail is a very weak competitor to Fastmail, I think even compared to Fastmail Guest. I would think that any Runbox account would beat Squirrelmail. The most glaring problem with Squirrelmail for me is the mail collection from other accounts. The interface is hardly as timesaving as FM and RB try to be, economzing with clicks and giving a lot of features.

Pobox itself is probably a great service if you don't want your own domain, but behind it use a real email account with features elsewhere.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2004, 12:55 AM   #4
NJSS
Master of the @

POBox / RunBox & FastMail

I use a POBox.Com.

Mail to POBox.Com is forwarded to accounts at RunBox.Com & FastMail.FM -. Provided that POBox is reliable, and it has been excellent for the last couple of years this appears to be an elegant solution.
NJSS is offline   Reply With Quote