EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:16 AM   #1
Barry

Can anyone help please

Hello, Yesterday i D/loaded the 30 day trial of Mulberry i set it up for IMAP as instructed from the tutorial in the FastMail FAQ section. The problem is i can't send any mail when i have
mail.messagingengine.com in the SMTP server box, but i can send mail no problem when i use my ISP's SMTP server. Now i'm very green around the ears when it comes to IMAP so it might be my fault but i have set Mulberry up as per the instructions. And i do have the Enhanced package with Fastmail and as far as i can make out can use their SMTP server. This is the error i get.

SMTP Server "RCPT" Command reply: 554 <username@joebloggs.net> Relay access Denied
Account SMTP

Thanks for any help you can give
Barry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:20 AM   #2
Daniel S

SMTP server requires authentication, username = you@fmdomain and your password. Is it so?

Are you a paying member?

What port is the SMTP server on?
Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:22 AM   #3
s a
Master of the @

did you finish the "authentication" procedure? Specifically, steps 4 - 6 in this document. (focus on SSLv3).
s a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:38 AM   #4
Barry

Thanks for the replys, Daniel as i said in my post above i am a paying member i have the Enhanced package. S A yes thats the
document i followed but what is strange is in step 5 i do not get
No Security drop down box theres nothing there. Maybe its something to do with it being a 30 day trial
Old 27 Mar 2004, 12:45 AM   #5
s a
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry
S A yes thats the document i followed but what is strange is in step 5 i do not get No Security drop down box theres nothing there. Maybe its something to do with it being a 30 day trial
I assume you mean step 6. I'm not a mulberry user, but i suggest you take a look at this link.
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:24 AM   #6
Barry

s a, thanks for the link i d/loaded the Mulberry Crypto plugin which now enables me to see the Security drop down box, and have set it to SSLv3 everthing else is exactly how it should be but i still get the error. I just can't figure it out according to this
Link i shouldn't be having a problem. Thanks guys for trying to help anyway
Old 27 Mar 2004, 02:29 AM   #7
s a
Master of the @

try this
Old 27 Mar 2004, 03:18 AM   #8
Barry

Thanks s a, worked like a charm