EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 11 Mar 2018, 12:39 AM   #1
jclarkw2

New User Needs Reference for UI

Sorry if this ignorant question about the Webmail IU has already been fully covered.

I'm not finding the interface intuitive. It appears there are several tricks and tips not covered in the on-line help documentation (which I'm finding extremely thin). For example, to read a message in a folder listing you must click on its subject (which also brings up straightforward buttons for forwarding, replying, etc.), whereas clicking on its author brings up new window that turns out to initiate a reply -- who knew? (BTW, is there a preference somewhere to not include by default a copy of the original in a reply?)

Bottom line: Is there anywhere (short of asking all my individual questions as they come up) that I can find a reference document, or at least a list of obscure behaviors, to speed up the learning process? -- jclarkw2
jclarkw2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Mar 2018, 03:47 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkw2 View Post
is there a preference somewhere to not include by default a copy of the original in a reply?)
AFAIK, there is no such preference. There is a simple workaround: ctrl-A, backspace (i.e. select all, delete selected)

Last edited by janusz : 11 Mar 2018 at 05:29 AM.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Mar 2018, 05:02 PM   #3
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You will find the documentation on the webmail features at this link:

https://help.runbox.com/documentation/

You should find most of what you are looking for there, including the reference to clicking on the sender as a short cut to starting a reply which is documented here:

https://help.runbox.com/runbox-webmail/

There isn't an option to not include the previous message in a reply, but I will pass this on as a suggestion to the development team.

Please just ask any questions you may have as they arise also.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2018, 02:44 AM   #4
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
...You should find most of what you are looking for there, including the reference to clicking on the sender as a short cut to starting a reply which is documented here:

https://help.runbox.com/runbox-webmail/
"When you're right, you're right, Shel." [Quote from Peter Falk in The In-Laws]

Seriously, thanks! Obviously I didn't look deeply enough into the documentation, but I have now printed out much of it, and most of what I wanted is indeed there. Great job! I could only wish that there was a PDF to download and read in bed, but those are becoming rarer and rarer for us old timers... -- jclarkw2
Old 12 Mar 2018, 02:49 AM   #5
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclarkw2 View Post
I could only wish that there was a PDF to download and read in bed, but those are becoming rarer and rarer for us old timers... -- jclarkw2
It's not entirely out of the question. I'm quite a fan of PDF manuals, particularly the ones with links in the text like web pages so that if you read them on screen you can jump to the relevant sections quickly. We just need to find some PDF making time
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Mar 2018, 08:14 AM   #6
jclarkw2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbowdley View Post
...We just need to find some PDF making time
Good news. Please let us all know if you do so. -- jclarkw2