EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 26 Jun 2016, 04:11 PM   #31
eumxuser

the new service doesn't allow to send plaintext emails. it is not going to be easy to move all my mailing list traffic to a different host. how long is the old service going to be around? at least horde lets you send real email
eumxuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2016, 05:12 PM   #32
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumxuser View Post
the new service doesn't allow to send plaintext emails. it is not going to be easy to move all my mailing list traffic to a different host. how long is the old service going to be around? at least horde lets you send real email
I guess you mix service with webmail. With a current infrastructure after OWM is discontinued you will still have a plethora of webmails that support plain text (i.e Horde, Roundcube, GO and Sogo when it is added), plus with a desktop or mobile client you can easily send plain text e-mail.
I would also recommend a quick e-mail to support, I have seen a plugin to Afterlogic that allows to send e-mails in a plain text. They just need to activate it, though.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2016, 07:28 PM   #33
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by soromak View Post
I have seen a plugin to Afterlogic that allows to send e-mails in a plain text. They just need to activate it, though.
Voted +1...........
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2016, 07:58 PM   #34
communicant

Will OWM still be available in the 'legacy service' area?

I am unclear about whether OWM will be gone completely from both the 'new environment' and the 'legacy service' environment, or whether it will only disappear from the new environment but will still be available in the legacy area.

From the information released so far, I have not been able to understand this clearly. Perhaps someone else has understood better and can tell me. Or perhaps Fabule will also answer about this, as he has said he is monitoring this thread.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2016, 02:03 AM   #35
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
I am unclear about whether OWM will be gone completely from both the 'new environment' and the 'legacy service' environment, or whether it will only disappear from the new environment but will still be available in the legacy area.

From the information released so far, I have not been able to understand this clearly. Perhaps someone else has understood better and can tell me. Or perhaps Fabule will also answer about this, as he has said he is monitoring this thread.
In the new environment OWM is not available and never be available (personally I do not miss while using a new platform in beta), and it will be removed from the legacy area at a date not known to me - I think it is a question that only Fabule can reply.
Old 30 Jun 2016, 04:48 AM   #36
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
I guess the name is either deceiving or indicating the answer to this question, but is OwnCloud to EUMX what OneDrive is to Outlook.com ?

I must embarrassingly admit that the names of those webmail interfaces don't really ring a bell to me, except Horde. I probably have seen webmail with other interfaces named here, without realising though. Only with Horde I know exactly what to expect.

Anyways, all I need is a well functioning webmail, preferably with an overview of previous sign-ins and easy enough for basic communication. I'm not picky, most of those interfaces are relatively unknown to me (I realise I'm a rookie when it comes to technical stuff and terminology )
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2016, 05:58 AM   #37
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I guess the name is either deceiving or indicating the answer to this question, but is OwnCloud to EUMX what OneDrive is to Outlook.com ?
Yes, similar to OneDrive or Dropbox. My webhost offers it, as well.
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2016, 01:56 PM   #38
Webgenie

Forwarding Feature

I like the looks of AfterLogic, but my forwarding has been set up in OWM. So I removed the forwarding setting from OWM and set it in AfterLogic. That didn't work, so I reverted to the original setting in OWM. Maybe it's not fully working, but I don't want my mail to stop arriving via forwarding and would like it set up in AfterLogic. Hope Fabule is keeping up with this thread.
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2016, 06:21 PM   #39
fabule
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
eumx.net
Horde and RoundCube allows you to send plain text messages. These interfaces will be supported with our services for long time. AfterLogic Support told us they do not plan to support plain text messages except if you use PGP to sign or encrypt the message. So if you don't like AfterLogic you won't be forced to use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eumxuser View Post
fabule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jul 2016, 06:38 PM   #40
fabule
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
eumx.net
All our web mail interfaces (except OpenWebMail) use Sieve scripts to filter and forward emails. The best interface to write advanced Sieve scripts is in Horde. RoundCube's filtering interface is good for beginners as well. Afterlogic's filtering solution is very basic. If forwarding doesn't works for you at this moment that means Sieve scripts are not activated for you. Just send an email with your username to support and we will activate sieve filtering for you.

Note: Once Sieve filtering is activated you will get more SPAM messages until you set up your filtering properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webgenie View Post
I like the looks of AfterLogic, but my forwarding has been set up in OWM. So I removed the forwarding setting from OWM and set it in AfterLogic. That didn't work, so I reverted to the original setting in OWM. Maybe it's not fully working, but I don't want my mail to stop arriving via forwarding and would like it set up in AfterLogic. Hope Fabule is keeping up with this thread.
fabule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2016, 07:00 AM   #41
Webgenie

Thank you, Fabule, will do.
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:53 PM   #42
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Yes, similar to OneDrive or Dropbox. My webhost offers it, as well.
Thanks for clarifying. I never used any cloud services, I sort of feel odd about having personal files stored on a distant server somewhere. I still use an external hard drive to make back-ups of my files. As a customer of Office 365 I have a massive amount of cloud storage in OneDrive but so far haven't used it yet. If there is really a file I must access from other computers, an email to myself with the file as attachment does the trick. I know this sounds very outdated as a method...
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2016, 09:00 PM   #43
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
I sort of feel odd about having personal files stored on a distant server somewhere.
What about your emails? Bank accounts?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jul 2016, 09:21 PM   #44
17pm

Any new news about this? For example, what about an admin panel and 2FA?

Or is it just about removing some webclients and adding others?
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2016, 02:04 AM   #45
soromak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Any new news about this? For example, what about an admin panel and 2FA?

Or is it just about removing some webclients and adding others?
As far as I know new EuMX infrastructure includes separate control panel (ispconfig), when it comes to 2FA they are still reviewing the options: in a beta period it included authentication with SSL cert, since it was not well regarded by the test group they are considering something else - no idea about the final plan.