EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 3 Jul 2020, 05:11 PM   #16
truemagic

My biggest concern is: Will hey.com "survive" beyond or at least co-exist with other big players (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo)? Otherwise paying $99 for a year to keep the address would be wasteful.
truemagic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2020, 05:30 PM   #17
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
My biggest concern is: Will hey.com "survive" beyond or at least co-exist with other big players (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo)? Otherwise paying $99 for a year to keep the address would be wasteful.
They won't survive too long time. I would like to make a bet.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2020, 07:12 PM   #18
ankupan
Cornerstone of the Community

Someone has to be in love with hey.com just name only, till they are not giving on domains.

who wants to change their email id?

We want to use technology or services, not our email or domain.

I used Zoho, Office 365, G Suite and still, domain and email ID is the same for all.
ankupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2020, 10:03 PM   #19
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankupan View Post
Someone has to be in love with hey.com just name only, till they are not giving on domains.

who wants to change their email id?

We want to use technology or services, not our email or domain.

I used Zoho, Office 365, G Suite and still, domain and email ID is the same for all.
Domain support is coming later this year. It’s feature request no. 1.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2020, 09:20 AM   #20
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail

HEY for Work pricing announced

Launching publicly Q1 2021.

$12 per user, per month.

Quote:
HEY for Work. The email service for your whole company.

What your company gets:
  • Every feature from the HEY plan - Each Work user gets everything included with the personal plan, except for a hey.com email address.
  • Custom domain - Send and receive emails using your own domain name.
  • Multi-user - Centralized billing and account management for your team.
  • Thread sharing - Add people to threads instead of cc’ing and forwarding.
  • Private team comments - Private thread comments keep the entire story in one place.
  • Email aliases - Set up aliases like support@ that go to multiple people.
  • Collections- Collect and collaborate on multiple threads in one place.
https://hey.com/pricing/
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2020, 07:08 PM   #21
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
As I wrote in the other thread, I have always found automated filing of emails, whether I set it up or directed by the services AI, to be problematic. Too many things get misfiltered and then you have to do more work to find them
In every email system I've used, new mails, whichever folder they are placed in (by default or because of filtering rules) are shown in the list-of-mails in a different colour or in bold, and the folders also indicate that they have new contents. So it's dead easy to find new mails.

It's important though to filter on the right things; typically I use the value in the Return-Path header including its final ">" to determine where something came from, or (as I have many aliases) the "X-Resolved-To" or "X-Delivered-To" header (which tells you who the mail provider thought it was for) and completely ignore fields like From: To: or Cc. For mail lists I usually filter on "List-Id" (so if eg the address I use for a list is compromised and I change it, I needn't change the filter rule).
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2020, 07:37 PM   #22
TenFour
Master of the @

If your filtering works for you, great! What I have found is it is just easier to triage emails myself by having them all arrive in the same place, the inbox, in chronological order instead of having to go through 30 different folders to see if there is any new mail coming in. Sure, some clue will tell you there are new emails in a folder, but then it requires at least one click to get there and one click to get back to the inbox. It is just more work for me. I frequently find that people and businesses I actually want to hear from have changed email addresses and/or email systems, so I don't think the return path would be very useful. Most clever spam and phishing is sent to one of my many correct email addresses. Actually, using Gmail it is very uncommon to see anything in my inbox that isn't a legitimate email. Yes, I delete a lot of marketing emails and notices, but those are things I do want to at least glance at and some are quite timely--someone has logged into my Gmail at such and such a time. I like to see those coming in.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2020, 07:50 AM   #23
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
They won't survive too long time. I would like to make a bet.
I'll take that bet. Basecamp has been around for 20+ years, is a solid profitable company with a good track record (whether or not one likes the Basecamp app itself), and the founders have committed to Hey.com long-term. I see no reason to believe they won't be around for a long time. Some interview or blog post of theirs recently had mentioned they already reached their sales conversion target for Hey.com so right now they are already in good financial shape apparently, just on the Hey.com side by itself. While they are never going to have even a tiny fraction of the marketshare of the big services, they don't need to. I think they're in it for the long haul. I know I'll be signing up when I get the Hey for Work invitation. But it's obviously not for everyone, and for those who don't like their approach, there are plenty of great options out there of course.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote