EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 13 Oct 2006, 11:52 AM   #1
flrandy

HELP with Outlook Subfolder Setup Needed

I presently have Fastmail set up with two aliases of mainaccount@fastmail.com (A@fastmail.fm and B@fastmail.fm) that receive forwarded mail from two separate pop3 email accounts. The targets are set to receive this mail in a subfolder of Inbox as mainaccount+Inbox.A@fastmail.com and mainaccount+Inbox.B@fastmail.com. This method works perfectly in directing each pop3 to a separate folder in fastmail. In addition I have these two folders downloading to my palm using chatteremail push.

My problem occurs when i'm attempting to download this same mail into outlook 2003. I'd like the subfolders I create on fastmail to be mirrored in Outlook 2003. Trash and sent boxes download, but the subfolders of Inbox do not. I see the number of unread messages displayed but when I click on them they are empty. I changed the root folder from INBOX to blank and it then tells me that outlook does not allow subfolders in the inbox.folder format.

Help?

Thanks

Last edited by flrandy : 14 Oct 2006 at 12:02 AM.
flrandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Oct 2006, 04:39 PM   #2
Edward Velo
Essential Contributor

Re: HELP with Outlook Subfolder Setup Needed

Rightclick on one of Fastmail's folders in Outlook, and select "IMAP Folders...". Click "Query" and subscribe to the necessary folders.

Does that help? Do you actually see those two folders listed?
Edward Velo is offline   Reply With Quote