EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 6 Jan 2008, 10:44 AM   #1
OrionHorizon

Question Can't select the "Sent Items on SMTP" option

On the Personalities options page, I'm trying to set a couple of my personalities to use the "Sent Items on SMTP" option. I check the box and click "Save Personality" but then, after the page refreshes, the checkbox is unmarked! The top of the page does read "Personality(s) updated".

Anyone else seeing this? I've tried this on a few different browsers just in case it was some weird scripting issue, but I get the same results.

Thank you very much!
Shawn
OrionHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:34 AM   #2
JRobert
Master of the @

Welcome to the forums, OrionHorizon!
A discussion in this thread suggests this feature got broken recently.
JRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2008, 11:42 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Another welcome to the EMD Forums, Shawn!

It may be a few days before this is fixed:
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...724#post440724

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2008, 12:41 PM   #4
Aimlink
Master of the @

I encountered this too, but managed to get it working by exiting the browser after emptying the cache, logging back in and then making the changes.
Aimlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jan 2008, 01:41 PM   #5
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Question I can't get Personalities checkboxes to save, even after clearing browser cache

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis View Post
I encountered this too, but managed to get it working by exiting the browser after emptying the cache, logging back in and then making the changes.
Emptying the cache and logging back in doesn't fix this for me. I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and I always get this result:
  • After entering the Options>Personalities screen, I select a personality in the list at the left and click the Select button to pull up the saved preferences for that personality.
  • There are three checkboxes for each personality. Select any or all of these checkboxes, then click Save Personality.
  • No matter which of the three checkboxes were selected originally, after saving the personality all three checkboxes will be unselected (not checked).
Do you get a different result to this test, curtis? If so, what is the exact sequence you are using?

Bill
Old 6 Jan 2008, 09:56 PM   #6
Aimlink
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Emptying the cache and logging back in doesn't fix this for me. I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer, and I always get this result:
  • After entering the Options>Personalities screen, I select a personality in the list at the left and click the Select button to pull up the saved preferences for that personality.
  • There are three checkboxes for each personality. Select any or all of these checkboxes, then click Save Personality.
  • No matter which of the three checkboxes were selected originally, after saving the personality all three checkboxes will be unselected (not checked).
Do you get a different result to this test, curtis? If so, what is the exact sequence you are using?

Bill
I seriously contemplated not trying this since I had problems getting the settings to stick and finally got them to. As I feared, I've ended up losing them and cannot get them back. They were working well too.
Old 10 Jan 2008, 12:28 PM   #7
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Rob sent me an email today and said that this was now fixed. I tried it and it now seems to remember your choices properly.

Bill
Old 10 Jan 2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Aimlink
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Rob sent me an email today and said that this was now fixed. I tried it and it now seems to remember your choices properly.

Bill
Yes. I already saw this since I've been repeatedly trying to get things back the way I had them.