EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 5 Nov 2012, 05:21 PM   #1
MPB

Email not getting to my account

I have a problem with email not getting into to my account.

I've recently tried to sign up to Wilders Security Forum using an alias
for my account. Unfortunately, the email from them, to enable me to
complete the sign-up process, didn't arrived.

I also tried signing up with Runbox support at
https://support.runbox.com/index.php...iber/Subscribe using my main account address in order to submit a ticket, but again, the email to complete the subscription has not arrived in my account.

Last week I tried to sign up with another forum but this email
also didn't arrive in my account.

I've email support at runbox.com twice but had no auto-response like normal which is strange.

Seems there's a problem with my account. Could someone please advise?
MPB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Nov 2012, 04:52 AM   #2
gecko

I've never had such a problem with Runbox so I am not much help with that but a workaround so that you can get in touch with support might be to use an alternative email account of which you know for sure that it works?

Hope that helps
gecko
gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Nov 2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
You can submit tickets via the support center without logging in though!

You have received 19 messages today though, and your email hosting is fine. It could be that one of your many manual filters deleted these mails? I would recommend relying on the trainable filter rather than self made manual filters to deal with spam, as the latter often ends up deleting mails unintentionally! You had some very risky ones (such as deleting all mails with the phrase "hi" in the subject), so I have disabled a few now - let us know whether that helps please, thank you.
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Nov 2012, 10:22 PM   #4
MPB

Thanks for the advice gecko. Didn't think of that.

And thanks Liz. I have a tendency to create a filter to stop the odd batch of spam that seems to come through every now and again for the ones where spammers send the same damned email every day for two weeks. I'll pay a bit more attention to the filters in future.

Can you confirm the email from your support form was sent to me?

I'll try and register again with your support section now and see if I receive the response emails.

Thanks again!
Old 6 Nov 2012, 10:39 PM   #5
MPB

I've still got a problem.

I just tried to reset my password at https://support.runbox.com and
I got the message that

Password reset request has been dispatched to "my-main-email-address at runbox.com"

But it has not arrived. I tried resetting the password twice and got the above response both times, but I can't see any filters that would prevent this from getting to my account.

Liz, can you take another look please.
Old 7 Nov 2012, 12:51 AM   #6
Captain Bligh

May I add some input, possible cause.

I have had this experience myself and have discovered the following on my own. If you just created an Alias email address it takes time to propogate through the email server system I assume. I have created aliases before and found they won't work for possibly up to and over 5 to 10 minutes after their creation for some reason. The site you gave your newly created email address to usually sends one email request to that email address, not another request automatically after 5 minutes. Then you never seem to get that confirmation. Just wait 10 or 15 minutes and try reregistering using that same alias again and it should work and show up in your inbox if your mail settings are to allow your aliases to be forwarded to your primary email inbox. Check your spam box just in case. Hope this works as the time wait period has for me.
Captain Bligh is offline   Reply With Quote