EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:54 PM   #1
DavidJ

Smile Zoho.com SMTP server seems to be down,

from where I am, and using the free service.

Apparently, it also can no longer receive new mail, though the IMAP server is completely accessible.

This has been going on for at least a few hours, and I also haven't been able to get a response from any support channel I tried.

Just an FYI.

Thanks.
D.

Last edited by DavidJ : 28 Jan 2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Changing the message icon.
DavidJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28 Jan 2019, 12:56 AM   #2
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJ View Post
from where I am, and using the free service.

Apparently, it also can no longer receive new mail, though the IMAP server is completely accessible.

This has been going on for at least a few hours, and I also haven't been able to get a response from any support channel I tried.

Just an FYI.

Thanks.
D.
Hmmm strange. I have a free zoho.com and a free zoho.eu account.I just checked 5 min ago..
OK...indeed there seems to be a problem with receiving email...!!! You can send email..no problem...but NOT receive.

====== after 15 min the emails i send to my zoho accounts came in...====

Strange indeed.

Dutchie.

Last edited by Dutchie007 : 28 Jan 2019 at 01:43 AM.
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2019, 04:52 AM   #3
DavidJ

Indeed the whole thing is strange.

So far, I have still gotten none of the disappeared mails, which seem to cover a few days. Last time I checked, which I guess was a few hours ago, I still could not send.

It annoys me that of my two reports of the problem, one on the forum (where Zoho tech people do frequently appear officially) and one through the ticket system, neither has been acknowledged at all. The older is now 17 hours old, and the problem seems to have started on Friday or Saturday.

I didn't realize that Zoho's free service included absolutely no tech support.

Oh, well....
Old 28 Jan 2019, 05:05 AM   #4
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

I have had such experiences also with (free) AOL accounts many times!.....that is why i stopped using them years ago on a daily basis. Same problem...you can send emails but NOT receive. Realy annoying. Absolute a NO-GO if you want to use an email service.

But this error with Zoho is new for me.

Lets say it was an "incident"....

Indeed tech support with free zoho account is (AFAIK) not present...unless maybe you use their forums. I once use those and did get a replay within 24 hours. Mind you most tech support people are in India...so keep in mind the time difference.

Dutchie
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2019, 01:17 PM   #5
DavidJ

Thumbs down

Just an update.

Well, I finally got an answer, about two hours ago, and the advice given there was not quite relevant and in any case didn't work.

Thanks.
David.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 07:26 PM   #6
DavidJ

Smile

Amazing!

Shocking!

They asked me for my phone number, called me up at home (to hear the details once again), and fixed it!

It turned out that I had changed VPN servers too often for the taste of their security systems, so the whole account was blocked it both directions. The wording of the error messages was rather vague, but the gentleman I talked to on the phone recognized them.

Thanks.
David.
Old 29 Jan 2019, 08:09 AM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

Good to know that the rumor of something called "customer service" may be true!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote