EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 4 Apr 2017, 01:25 PM   #1
damole

password change notification

I just changed my Runbox password because of the Lastpass security patch but didn't receive any notification on my alternative email that my password had been change. Isn't this standard practice for webmail systems?
damole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4 Apr 2017, 05:01 PM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Some systems sent a pw change notification to the alternative email address, others don't. There is no standard practice.

BTW, Runbox does not require an alternative address for registration,
janusz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2017, 06:26 PM   #3
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
BTW, Runbox does not require an alternative address for registration,
We do require a valid working alternative email address on registration. If you don't do this some features of the account are disabled. A valid alternative address is also required by our Terms of Service (section 6.2).

If you remove the alternative address later it may make it more difficult to provide customer support, especially in cases where you have lost access to your account.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2017, 06:27 PM   #4
dbowdley
Cornerstone of the Community

Representative of:
Runbox.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by damole View Post
I just changed my Runbox password...but didn't receive any notification on my alternative email that my password had been change. Isn't this standard practice for webmail systems?
As janusz said, there is no standard practice, but we are looking in to doing this.
dbowdley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2017, 12:15 PM   #5
damole

To be honest it was a subtle hint. If somebody had hacked my email and changed the password I would like to know about it.

Certainly GMail and Yahoo would tell you this, I can't remember if it's true for Hotmail/Live but when I say standard practice I mean that the most of the big email providers have this feature.

I've been a Runbox customer since 2004 and would really like to see some better security in the system but all this has been discussed in the forum.
damole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2017, 07:42 PM   #6
Geir
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
We have now implemented this: When changing the password in a Runbox account, a notice is sent to the registered alternative address.

- Geir
Geir is offline   Reply With Quote