EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 11 Dec 2016, 05:42 AM   #1
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Unable to forward a bunch of messages via web UI

I need to forward a bunch of (~couple dozen) messages to someone.

There's really no way to select a bunch of messages and send them? I have to do it one by one or use an IMAP client? How did I not notice this before?
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11 Dec 2016, 06:40 AM   #2
somdcomputerguy
Cornerstone of the Community

This thread may help - http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...hlight=forward

- bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2016, 08:52 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Sending multiple messages as attached files

Thanks for finding that thread which shows my method for forwarding multiple messages as attachments, Bruce!

The only method of forwarding multiple messages to someone is to attach the original messages as file attachments. The current user interface allows you to perform various operations on multiple messages selected from the mail message list (delete, archive, report as spam, move to a folder, mark), but forward as attachment isn't one of these. So you just need to convert each message independently to an attachment, save those attachments in a folder on your PC, then compose a new message and attach those files to the new message. The details are in the thread previously mentioned.

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2016, 09:20 AM   #4
somdcomputerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by n5bb View Post
Thanks for finding that thread which shows my method for forwarding multiple messages as attachments, Bruce!
I had read the posts in that thread before, and that thread came to mind right away. It only took a few seconds to find it, and I hope that it helps elvey, or anyone else that comes across this thread or the helpful one.

- bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Dec 2016, 02:08 PM   #5
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The old classic interface still exists, for the time being (https://classic.fsstmail.com). Forwarding many messages as attachments in a single email is one of those functions, not available in the current interface, but easily accomplished in the old classic.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2016, 10:08 AM   #6
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Why are fastmail leaving out this major feature in the current UI
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2016, 12:09 PM   #7
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry View Post
Why are fastmail leaving out this major feature in the current UI
I don't know: the original interface (of many centuries ago) did this with ease...
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2019, 01:53 AM   #8
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
The old classic interface still exists, for the time being (https://classic.fastmail.com). Forwarding many messages as attachments in a single email is one of those functions, not available in the current interface, but easily accomplished in the old classic.
This was the best solution but sadly the classic interface has been retired.
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Apr 2019, 08:29 PM   #9
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvey View Post
This was the best solution but sadly the classic interface has been retired.
It is worth noting that the current interface does now support forwarding multiple emails as attachments. From the message list (whether from a folder or a search) select the messages you want to forward, and then choose "Forward as attachment" from the More menu.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Apr 2019, 05:10 PM   #10
gardenweed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
It is worth noting that the current interface does now support forwarding multiple emails as attachments. From the message list (whether from a folder or a search) select the messages you want to forward, and then choose "Forward as attachment" from the More menu.
Crikey! Nice find.
I wasn't aware of that update.
So good to know that feature is back.
Thanks BritTim
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Apr 2019, 09:39 AM   #11
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I suggest that it's dangerous to reply to a post made over 2 years ago about a missing Fastmail feature.
  • I'm not sure exactly when the More>(Forward as Attachment) feature was added, but I know it was in the web interface 18 months ago (October 2017).
  • This feature works on the Fastmail web interface and Fastmail iOS mobile device app (and probably also the Android app which I don't use).
  • If you do this from the main message list page (using the main More icon), the messages you selected will forward each message in the conversation (if you are using the default conversation view) as a separate attachment to the new message.
  • If you do this while a specific message is open (using the More icon for that open message), only that one message will be attached.
The forward as attachment feature in the current web interface was discussed by me in 2017 (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...58&postcount=4) and by gardenweed a year ago (http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...06&postcount=5).

Bill
n5bb is online now   Reply With Quote