EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 19 Jun 2003, 12:46 AM   #166
EdGillett

Thumbs up FastMail Enhanced Account - One Year On

Just wanted to write a quick note to the forums, principally for the benefit of any new FastMail members that are considering switching to FastMail for their email.

I recently got through my Renewal Notification reminder email, and it suddenly dawned on me that I'd been using FastMail as my principal email account for a whole year.

I could not be happier with the service I've received! IMAP has truly changed how I've dealt with my email, and for the money I pay to FastMail ($39.95 for an enhanced account), i consider this to be the finest email service on the planet.

First of all, some background - I use my email as a serious business tool - I send shed loads of email everyday and my email provider HAS to be reliable. FastMail, aside from the few occassions (perhaps 3 or 4 times in the past year) when their servers have suffered from a minor glitch and I've been unable to pickup mail for about 15 mins or so, has been absolutely superb!

I used to pay hundreds of pounds for an outsourced Exchange account with a UK Company called NetStore. Why did I do this? Well, I needed to have all my various POP3 accounts accessible from multiple locations and I needed to have an account to host my own domain (edgillett.com) separately. That Exchange solution was, at the time, the only way I knew of storing 250MB worth of email and having it accessible and synchronizable online.
Only problem was, it's hideously slow and it really was overkill because I wasn't using half of the features (like Collaboration, Public Folders etc etc)

Then came FastMail

One of the best elements is the One off charge for extra storage - I've paid to have an extra 100MB of storage for my mailbox, so I can store a load of archived email on the server, in addition to the 150MB I get by default with an enhanced account. Great thing is, now I come to renew, I don't pay for this extra storage again - I only pay my $39.95 renewal fee and still have my 250MB of storage on a reliable FAST mail server.

I guess it comes down to this - if you're fed up of trying to manage multiple mail accounts in various locations, or if your webMail provider is too slow or is limiting your storage etc and you're looking for somewhere to turn - turn to FastMail - I couldn't suggest a better Email host.

Thanks go to Jeremy and Rob and the Team at FastMail for providing a truly fantastic service - they listen to their customers (most of the time via this BB) and deliver what they aim to be - the Fastest Email Provider on the planet!

For the interested, this is what I had to say a year ago, when I first got my shiny new FastMail account

Last edited by EdGillett : 19 Jun 2003 at 12:50 AM.
EdGillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jul 2003, 01:27 PM   #167
fmfan
Master of the @

Re Fastmail Account Donation Effort :

Thanks to FastMail.fm for matching my contribution!

Hope new LCLC users enjoy the reliability and power of their FastMail.fm accounts.
fmfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Jul 2003, 10:26 PM   #168
funso

Fantastic!! I've been using Fastmail for about two months now and I whole heartedly recommend it to anyone. Easily accessible email from any location through a variety of protocols. Bags of space. Synchronised mailboxes at multiple locations. Responsive and helpful support. What can I say. Get it now!!
funso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2003, 10:53 PM   #169
ajw

Mention in UK Sunday Times

Fastmail and its filtering capabilities referred to at the end of this article on dealing with spam etc in the latest Sunday Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...738786,00.html
ajw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jul 2003, 03:37 AM   #170
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Thumbs up Re: Mention in UK Sunday Times

Quote:
Originally posted by ajw
Fastmail and its filtering capabilities referred to at the end of this article on dealing with spam etc in the latest Sunday Times

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...738786,00.html
Another excellent article by David Hewson.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2003, 03:08 AM   #171
Morpheuxs

True True

I have been using Fastmail.fm for over almost 2 years and I just love Fastmail.fm Service. I have been using internet and seeking for the best Email service since the very first day I used internet, around over 10 years and comparing with all the services I joined, Fastmail.fm is absolutely the BEST and the only one I rely on! 100% absolute Fastmail.fm
migueld@xsmail.com
Morpheuxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jul 2003, 03:42 PM   #172
jgoldberg

Here's what I just mailed to the FM webmaster
address:

I've been using network email since 1979. I've been involved in email administration since 1986. Several years ago (before fastmail) I had the misfortune of having to evaluate webmail systems. I was convinced that I would never use a webmail system, and would only recommend them very reluctantly.

When I first started hearing about fastmail and some of its design principles, I thought that the FM people knew what they were doing. Where everyone else made serious system design flaws, it sounded like FM was making all the right decisions. Fully supporting all the functionallity of IMAP was the first of many exciting things. (It still boggles my mind that systems use POP instead of IMAP).

I only recently started looking at fastmail.fm seriously. It is fantastic. It does everything simply and straight-forwardly, but still has features for "power users" that you could only get if you operated your own mail system.

Communicating with support people who actually know and care about email is a wonderful change from the scores of ISPs and hosting services I've dealt with over the years.

Cheers
jgoldberg@fastmail.fm
jgoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2003, 01:17 AM   #173
Gankaku

Cool Thank you Fastmail

I've been a contributing member on this forum for a long time, and amazingly I never felt the urge to post in this testimonials thread. Until today.

The recent power outage and then the subsequent database issues (which are currently ongoing) have undoubtedly been difficult for not only Fastmail's customers, but for the Fastmail team. After the power outage, they gave us one month free service for this inconvenience. This shows the dedication to the customer that the Fastmail team has, and their outstretching to keep us happy. Sure some customers will leave now due to the combined outage and the database issues, but there will be more that sign up after the outages than those that leave. Why? Just because of Fastmail's dedication to the service and the customer. It's an awesome service. There is more to come with the future addition of filespace and updated address book. Sure there are some obstacles along the way, but it's that way with anything that has a good destiny. Fastmail's like a slowly blooming flower. It's gorgeous at its current state, and it'll be gorgeous at each stage as it continues to bloom.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Aug 2003, 11:56 AM   #174
catspec

Gankaku says it all, except I have to add that after using so many email clients, webmails, and the emails systems we have dealt with at work for the past 11 years (VAXMAIL,pine, and then regrettably Exchange and Outlook), my thoughts are that since we have no idea what the root cause of the present outage is, and there ARE lots of possibilitites, I would just hang in there and see how it all goes. Fastmail is the first and only email I have ever paid for, and that is really saying something in my book!
catspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2003, 05:08 AM   #175
Gabri

Yes, another happy user ;)

Iīve upgraded my account to "Full" after being a "Member" for a few months after being a "Guest" for almost no time at all. Fantastic service, couldnīt be happier. The webmail interface is simply GREAT.
My Member account would have served me OK for maybe another year but this is service worth paying for, thatīs it.
Gabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Sep 2003, 10:54 PM   #176
disneylogic
Essential Contributor

Cool FastMail amazes again

It's hard to imagine being even more impressed with FastMail, but I just was again today.

To recap, I came to FastMail from Yahoo!, where despite my paying money for enhanced e-mail services, I got terrible service. Being a road warrior techie, I absolutely need reliable and fast e-mail service. Apart from FastMail's own features, the second amazing thing to me was the relative ease transferring some 40 MB of archived e-mail and the help FastMail's technical support provided.

But today I decided to move a folder I have from the top level to a place beneath top-level elsewhere in the hierarchy. I entirely expected to have to update filtering rules by hand. Nope.

FastMail understood what I was doing and updated them for me.

Amazing. Incredibly well thought out.

Eglerio!
disneylogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2003, 08:36 AM   #177
wiki

Thumbs up HOLY WOW !

It really is the slickest, most powerful e-mail system on the planet !!!

This is the coolest email service I have ever used. Love it!!!
wiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2003, 05:32 PM   #178
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Hey Wiki, did you know that Fastmail also has a Wiki? http://wiki.fastmail.fm (in case you didn't know, a wiki is a page where people visiting can alter it, and in doing so contribute to the info tere)

--K
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Oct 2003, 03:35 PM   #179
inhabitant

Spamassasin

Hi

I think the addition of spamassasin makes the paid for fastmail package one not to be missed.

I've been using fastmail for several years now and this is the icing on the cake for me.

John
inhabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Oct 2003, 04:06 PM   #180
Kamanaonoeau

Smile Fastmail = Excellence.

Aloha:

My name is Tony and I've been a member of fastmail.fm for quite sometime. It has been a pleasure being a part of fastmail's community. The reason why I signed up for fastmail was their excellence features and services they provided. It was essential for me to have those capabilities for my personal and business needs.

This is something that I want to let my family and friends to know about! Great job, Fastmail Team!!!

Thanks.

Tony
Kamanaonoeau is offline   Reply With Quote