EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:28 AM   #1
Annonymous

Question What Happened?

I posted a topic yesterday....11-5-13....The topic was 'Animal Lovers Please Support This Worthy Cause'. I received an email message stating that someone had replied to the topic, along with a link. The link takes me here, however I get an error message saying that I don't have access to that page. So I did a search & my thread is nowhere to be found. It was posted in the 'Off Topic Lounge', so I don't understand why I can't find it. If it was removed by the moderators, I would like someone to please enlighten me as to the reason why. Thanks.
Annonymous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:35 AM   #2
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

That's the usual symptom of your post (and subsequent replies) being removed after message(s) about reply/replies have gone out.
See Forum Rule B.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 01:39 AM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

All I can add in view of that rule is that I've never seen an appeal to support any worthy cause in this forum.

Last edited by janusz : 7 Nov 2013 at 01:46 AM.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 02:00 AM   #4
Annonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
That's the usual symptom of your post (and subsequent replies) being removed after message(s) about reply/replies have gone out.
See Forum Rule B.
I was about to reply that I didn't understand the point you were trying to make. However after reading the forum regulations, I found the following....

C) No advertising....No affiliate links.

So maybe that's why my post was removed. I wasn't intentionally attempting to do somehting that isn't allowed here. One would assume that as a matter of courtesy, the moderators could include a list of reasons in the pop up message received if & when posts are removed. There are only 2 reasons given, & they are vague reasons, at that. Anyway....Thanks for the reply.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 02:14 AM   #5
Edwin
 Administrator 

The moderators are busy folk who give very generously of their time. You can't realistically expect them to write an analysis of every action they take. At least, I certainly don't expect that of them - and my vote is the only one that counts in this case!

Yes, your post broke the "no advertising" rule.

And since there are (literally) tens of thousands of charities and good causes out there, there's no getting around the rule on that basis otherwise the forum would be buried under the deluge.

(That's incidentally the problem: it's in theory fine for one person or another to bend a rule, but then there's a knock-on effect because across the whole forum you're talking about 22,000+ members not 1. So like a snowflake or two rolling down a mountainside can still eventually cause an avalanche, one or two incidents can be the precursor of a big mess down the road.)
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 03:07 AM   #6
Annonymous

Not To Worry

I won't post anything in the future, charity related on these forums. I was simply attempting to get the word out. Sorry to the moderators for any inconvenience.
Old 7 Nov 2013, 10:24 AM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

You had good intentions.....

It was me who replied to your thread saying that you didnt post the link right (No one could click it anyway (The first one))

No harm done
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Nov 2013, 03:20 AM   #8
Annonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
You had good intentions.....

It was me who replied to your thread saying that you didnt post the link right (No one could click it anyway (The first one))

No harm done
Thanks. I was wondering about your reply. I'll make the attempt at caution when posting in the future.