EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30 Nov 2020, 08:58 AM   #1
webecedarian
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 370
Free e-mail providers not requiring phones

I'm always interested in email options that don't require any information, including no telephone number.

And I just ran across this:

https://minitechtips.com/email-without-phone-number/

Which mentions Inbox.lv.

https://login.inbox.lv/signup?go=portal

Any opinions? I had an account on the old Inbox.com, mostly because I liked the simple, sensible name, but I gave it up when it was no longer free.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 30 Nov 2020, 09:30 AM   #2
jeffpan
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Macao
Posts: 1,795

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
I'm always interested in email options that don't require any information, including no telephone number.

And I just ran across this:

https://minitechtips.com/email-without-phone-number/

Which mentions Inbox.lv.

https://login.inbox.lv/signup?go=portal

Any opinions? I had an account on the old Inbox.com, mostly because I liked the simple, sensible name, but I gave it up when it was no longer free.
they are different. inbox.lv is an Europe company, while inbox.com is provided by US company.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Nov 2020, 07:19 PM   #3
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester UK
Posts: 2,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
I'm always interested in email options that don't require any information, including no telephone number.
How about jeffpan's offer?

https://emaildiscussions.com/showthread.php?t=75818
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Dec 2020, 08:07 AM   #4
Berenburger
The "e" in e-mail
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by webecedarian View Post
I'm always interested in email options that don't require any information, including no telephone number.
Tutanota, I think.
Berenburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Dec 2020, 09:32 AM   #5
webecedarian
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
they are different. inbox.lv is an Europe company, while inbox.com is provided by US company.
I know they're different. My questions was whether anyone had tried the LV version.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2020, 02:28 PM   #6
mister
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 366
Loved the Gmail tip. The rest of the article seems to have lots of disposable email. and be written by a bot Anyone want to try using www.freephonenum.com to sign up for a few and reporting back. BTW I detest phone verification.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2020, 03:54 PM   #7
EricG
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 274
People keep saying that creating Google account requires a phone number. This is not true! (in my country)

I've filled in the first page of account creation and the second page says phone and recovery email are (optional). Only birth date is required. Here is the help page.
EricG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Dec 2020, 07:35 PM   #8
mister
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 366
Wild I'm in Canada and can't get past this page ,https://postimg.cc/crHNhYbB
without a phone , So it might be possible by adding a new account to an existing one, not from scratch.

Last edited by mister : 5 Dec 2020 at 12:23 AM.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 2020, 07:52 AM   #9
webecedarian
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricG View Post
People keep saying that creating Google account requires a phone number. This is not true! (in my country)

I've filled in the first page of account creation and the second page says phone and recovery email are (optional). Only birth date is required. Here is the help page.
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Gmail permitted me to create an account without a phone. But when I logged in from another city, it demanded a telephone number EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T HAVE ONE ON FILE FOR ME.


Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Loved the Gmail tip. The rest of the article seems to have lots of disposable email. and be written by a bot Anyone want to try using www.freephonenum.com to sign up for a few and reporting back. BTW I detest phone verification.
I detest phone verification, too. Two reasons for me. One is that it eliminates privacy for anyone giving their real number (and creates an impossible situation for future verification if you use a throwaway number). Two is that if you don't use a cell phone, some set-ups make it impossible to verify at a later point - like for the Craigslist site.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 2020, 12:02 PM   #10
mister
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 366
I have a few VOIP numbers that won't receive texts from Google but seem to work with voice. www.Textnow.com is an example.
mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 07:19 PM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy